CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fan motor not working.

PAUL T

The blower fan motor quit working on my wife's 2004 Deville. How can I tell if it's the motor or the blower control module? The only code I have that I can not find on here is P0897, nothing else pertains to the blower. Thanks.

If you remove the right side hush panel (passenger side under dash)

The blower should be seen.

I suggest turning the key on and putting the blower on high and lightly tapping the motor, If it comes on you for sure know it has a bad motor. Does not always work but worth a try

I am thinking the blower motor module is part of the blower itself. 

I have changed a few and not so fun. 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

According to Rockauto there is a blower module for a 2004 Deville. I will try tapping the motor and see what happens. Thank Rockfangd.

Ok I see it. I hope that is your issue.

Fairly common to making the blower stay on continously or not work

GM FAN FOREVER

• 1 month later...

I finally decided to go under the dash and remove the fan motor. It was the easiest fan motor I have ever pulled that wasn't under the hood. I tore down the motor and found the problem right away. The wires to the brushes were broke, so I begin to look for parts. Advance, Autozone, and even Rockauto did not have parts! All I needed was the piece that had the plug and brushes. No one had it, they wanted you to buy the whole motor at the tune of $140. Rockauto did have a Four Seasons motor for $40. Anyone know where I can get just the motor parts? 

Long gone are the days of repairing blower motors :mellow: and pretty much any other parts. It is a throw-away world now!

Try this: they advertise custom brushes http://www.helwigcarbon.com/products/carbon-brushes/?gclid=CJ69wPr91tUCFcS4wAodVIoMFQ

Anything you can solder back together?

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

It is 14 years old. 

That is a lot of spinning and heat for that time. 

I would say it has lasted more than its lifespan.

You probably wont have to change it again

GM FAN FOREVER

• 2 months later...

Archived