CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: CADILLAC HOUSE TO HELP DESIGNERS BRING THEIR VISIONS TO LIFE IN ITS THIRD SEASON AS OFFICIAL NYFM: MEN’S VENUE FOR S/S 2018

• CADILLAC AWARDS GRANTS TO DESIGNERS Exhibiting AT CADILLAC HOUSE
  • NYFW: MEN’S OFFICIALLY KICKS off with the Todd Snyder SHOW and after-party AT Cadillac House

1499363742774.jpg

NEW YORK — Cadillac will celebrate its fifth season as a sponsor of New York Fashion Week: Men’s (NYFW: Men’s), continuing its partnership with the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). Additionally, Cadillac House (P4), which recently celebrated its one-year anniversary, will serve as an official runway venue for the third season.

To further demonstrate its commitment to menswear for Spring/Summer 2018, Cadillac awarded grants to the seven designers showing at Cadillac House: Todd Snyder, Robert Geller, DYNE, Kenneth Ning, Matiere, Luar and Rochambeau. The designers submitted proposals demonstrating how they would creatively reimagine Cadillac House, an adaptive space that naturally provides a blank canvas to develop immersive concepts. The seven designers selected represent the diverse mix of talent displayed at NYFW: Men’s each season, from icons who have showed since its inception to newcomers showing for the very first time. This funding will enable the designers to push boundaries and produce an experience beyond the traditional runway show.

“It was important to us that our commitment to NYFW: Men’s continued to evolve this season, so we provided grants to help both established and emerging designers realize their most dynamic and compelling shows possible,” said Nathan Tan, associate director of Brand Partnerships and Experiences for Cadillac. “To cut through the clutter today, designers need to think outside the box, but too often their vision can be limited by the venue. Cadillac House was developed as a place to foster new ideas, offering the designers the opportunity to transform the space as they wish.”

“New York Fashion Week: Men’s continues to provide a world-class platform to showcase the creativity of the American menswear industry,” said Mark Beckham, vice president of Marketing for the CFDA. “Cadillac’s continued commitment to the CFDA provides designers with the opportunity to present their collections to a global audience in a unique and impactful manner.”

Cadillac House will be a busy destination this NYFW: Men’s season. The venue will kick of the week on July 10 by hosting the Todd Snyder runway show and after-party, featuring a performance by Lewis Del Mar, and the space will wrap up the week with a closing party on July 13 hosted by Rochambeau.

“We are very excited and honored to be selected to present at Cadillac House this season.  It’s such a great space; it has all the technology you could hope for,” says Todd Snyder. “The grant from Cadillac gave us the ability to put a spin on our presentation.  I am really excited to have Lewis Del Mar playing live music during our show and we’ve created a video that will play pre-show on Cadillac House’s unique displays.”

Each day, Cadillac House will transform with new scenes from each designer. Its open veranda features the 1953 Cadillac Le Mans prototype vehicle and its oversized windows give those who pass by on Hudson Street a glimpse of all the action.

• July 10 | 7 p.m. Todd Snyder + After-party
  • July 11 | 12 p.m. Robert Geller | 4 p.m. DYNE
  • July 12 | 12 p.m. Kenneth Ning | 4 p.m. Matiere
  • July 13 | 12 p.m. Luar | 8 p.m. Rochambeau + After-party

From the designers:

Robert Geller: “I am really looking forward to showing at Cadillac House. It is a beautiful location in the heart of Manhattan and their grant really helped us to put on an inspired show.”

Christopher Bevans, DYNE: “Being a fan of Cadillac since I was kid, I loved their attention to detail and how iconic the silhouettes are. It’s exciting to be a part of a brand like Cadillac and showing in their beautiful space; everyone on the team has been so helpful in executing my ideas. It gives me an amazing platform to showcase the Spring 18 collection and the grant allowed me to create a video piece that is as dynamic as the collection.”

Kenneth Ning: “Cadillac’s generous grant allowed me to go digital with our atmospheric ambience. The video installation we were able to produce, will give our guests an immersive experience starting from the street leading into the venue.”

Scot Shandalove, Creative Director of Matiere: “The timing couldn’t be better for Matiere to be showing with Cadillac this season as we feel the technology and energy that Cadillac House provides reflects the core ethos of our brand. The grant Cadillac awarded to Matiere provided us an opportunity to elevate our show experience by including a collaboration with the Alonzo King LINES Ballet from San Francisco for our SS18 ‘Reflections’ presentation.”

Raúl López, Luar: “Cadillac House provides the perfect opportunity to infuse technology and open space into the context of my show – something I am always looking to do but not always able to achieve. The subtle yet powerful use of 72 monitor screens to create an ambiance is a techie’s dream, especially for someone like me who is constantly looking to the future for answers.”

Rochmabeau: “Cadillac is a dream partner for Rochambeau for this NYFW:Men’s. Ever since Cadillac House opened in our neighborhood, we have wanted to do something amazing there; turning the entire space into a Yung Jake art installation is the perfect opportunity.”

ABOUT CADILLAC

Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. Today Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring distinctive design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at www.cadillac.com. Cadillac’s media website with information, images and video can be found at media.cadillac.com.

ABOUT CFDA

The Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc, (CFDA) was founded in 1962 and aims to strengthen the impact of American Fashion in the global economy. In addition to hosting the CFDA Fashion Awards, the organization owns the Fashion Calendar and stages the bi-annual New York Fashion Week: Men’s. Other initiatives include the CFDA {Fashion Incubator} and the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund as well as several Scholarship and charitable programs. For more information, please visit www.CFDA.comfacebook.com/cfdatwitter.com/cfda,cfda.tumblr.com, and youtube.com/cfdatv.

View the full article

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived