CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1993 Cadillac "sixty special"

bil.dun

Hey guys, back again....so there's a '93 sixty special for sale that I'm very interested in. 74k miles, nice shape, 2 owners, runs good, but a/c, heat, and radio do not work. Could be a simple fix, maybe not. But the car is beautiful, owner must sell, and I may wind up paying $1500 for it, but it's 1200 miles away, I would need to fly there, pick it up, and drive it back home. Do you guys think I may be crazy, or do ya'all think I should give it a shot? I've been assured it's mechanically well maintained, and loved, but it's owner is no longer able to drive it, it has sat nearly idle for a few years, except for an occasional start up and drive. It's "driving" me crazy, I really want this car! Any advice would be appreciated...I definitely have Caddy fever....Thanks, Bill in VT  

Good cars. I would suspect  BCM issue and they are easy to fix. I have seen a lot of these cars around lately and the only thing I would worry about is the coolant pipes that rust out around the motor and are way gone discontinued. 

Thanks for your response barczy01....I'll have to look into the coolant pipes you're talking about. It looks like a decent car, has a few really cool things I like, one being the "Gold Bose"  CD stereo and speakers, the cloth roof looks really elegant on this one, among other things. I guess I need to decide quickly, and make up my mind.....any other input from you guys who own or have owned one of these would be greatly appreciated! I'm a little nervous about travelling all that way and being disappointed...Bill in VT

Archived