CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

04 Dts blows only cold air

I have a 04 dts with a northstar engine. My temp gauage is sitting at noon as soon as I start the car. My heat is only blowing cold air. Is this the thermostat or is it something else? Thank you.

likely blend door actuator.

Is it blowing the same on both sides?

Dual zone climate control I assume

Welcome to CaddyInfo

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I am looking at this as an engine concern.

Is there coolant in the radiator surge tank (coolant should be about 2 or 3 inches from the top) Does your engine temperature needle ever move? Did this happen suddenly?  I am thinking an air pocket from a clogged purge line?  

One of the symptoms when air is in the coolant is no heat.  I just do not understand why the engine temp gauge is at noon from a cold car start.

btw, making sure you know to only open the surge tank cap when cold because that is pressurized from the radiator.  

I agree with @winterset .  The temp gauge at normal operating temp at start up usually indicates a coolant temp sensor problem or an I/P cluster fault. The sensors are never accurate unless they are completely immersed in coolant.

Verify the coolant level as winterset suggested, then pull the DTC's and post the DTC's here, they can help direct us without getting too far into the rabbit hole. 

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Oh I am sorry I missed that.

That is a odd one. too bad it does not have a digital temp readout.

I would unplug the ECT sensor and see what the gauge reads.

Is your coolant full? have you had any recent problems that may have led to this?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived