CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where to buy 03 Deville starter solenoid?

I've been having an intermittent starting problem for the past couple of months. Most of the time it cranks right up but when it doesn't I do hear the solenoid pulling the starter drive into the flywheel but the starter motor won't spin. Sometimes it takes a few try's but it always cranks, SO FAR. This tells me that the contacts in the solenoid are not sufficiently closing the circuit that feeds power to the starter motor. I could possibly pull it apart and clean the contacts but that would NOT be a long term fix and because of the time involved with accessing the solenoid PLUS seals to re-seal the plenum, I'd rather just replace it with a new one. My problem is that I'm having a hard time locating a solenoid only and I can't afford the whole starter assembly + intake manifold seals. Can someone tell me where I can buy a solenoid only? I've looked on GM Parts Direct, NAPA, Autozone, Orielly's, Rock Auto and Advanced....

Locate a starter and alternator rebuilder in your area and take the starter to them.  They will repair the starter for a fraction of the cost of the chain store junk.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived