CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where is the ICU on a 2002 Eldorado

I have a random misfire in the engine after it is warm and during acceleration. I can't find any info on the location of the Ignition Control Unit. All I can find online is the replacement part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Cody

Click here to visit the main directory for my subforum about my 2002 Eldorado build for autocross racing:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=96

On the underside of each coil pack....there is a module that is plugged and secured in....the IC module. 

Don't think I've heard of a bad one. Seems I remember there are 2 different ones. Some have male plug....some have female. 

Lower right of picture....note picture view is the bottom side of the coil pack. 

ic module.jpg

just fyi.

New coil pack module comes with it.

It is not worth repairing the coil pack unless you know for sure it is not going to fail anytime soon.

They were pretty common to failure(coil packs)

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Thanks for the info. I had hoped it was a single part located on the ECU or between it and the coil cassettes that I could replace in hopes of avoiding the coil cassette purchase and the labor of once again removing that back coil. It was there that I found mild corrosion on two coil-to-plug contacts.

I put in new boots and very high-dollar plugs. I hate to cut cost-corners by buying a cheaper cassette, but even at Rock Auto, the AC Delco units are three times as much $$$ as the aftermarket units. 

Are any of the cheaper brands worth anything? I want to spend my money on the upcoming front suspension and Corvette brake upgrade.

Click here to visit the main directory for my subforum about my 2002 Eldorado build for autocross racing:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=96

Archived