CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

@Logan Thanks! That realy make sence since I feel and hear the "knock" in the wheel. I guess that makes it less urgent. Wont destroy anything else? I found the P/N on Rockauto by Dormann. Hope that will do the tric?

BTW. Sound is hard to "name". Maybe it´s more of a "thump" or a small "trump".....:wacko:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lighter fuse I think is under the back seat, I'll have to look tomorrow...

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Didn't get a chance to look and I won't be home until late tonight.... :blush:

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Depending on if it is the Auxiliary power outlet or the cigar lighter. 

Cigar lighter fuse is in the underhood fuse block C/LTR1

Aux power outlet underhood fuse block C/LTR2

There is also a fuse in the rear fuse block called 'cigar' fuse.

02lightersts.jpg

Back to the strut. Got a used one home but..... no cigar. Looks the same but the connection was wrong.:(

Anyone here who can identify if it should fit? Last part of the donors VIN is: 2U251445.

Strut is labeled "Delphi 025501 112282"

Boneyard has taged it 19300076 and 527-01345

You are probably right. I couldn't find that 527-01345 number anywhere though so couldn't verify anything.

• 2 weeks later...

More troubble but I´ll fill You in later.

Now I need to confirm the state of the wireing. Can anyone give me the exact lokation for the center end of the strut cable? (not the far end at the wheel) Please don´t answer with short for the unit but a way to find it. It´s hard for an old man, laying on your back in the dirt, not knowing what you are looking at........:blush:

@BodybyFisher @OldCadTech @Logan

Here we go: I ordered a brand new strut from Rockauto. No, the shipping and custom was not as bad as I exspected  Total cost under 800 USD. When the new stut arrived it was just as wrong..... WTF??? 

To make a long story short. The harnesk was torn, almost with surgical precision, so that only the rear part of harnesk was left. It looks absolutely like the oval type. Yesterday I ordered a new harnesk. Hope that will be the end of my trubbel? 

Still interested in any values for this conection!

@Göran W. So they sent the wrong strut?

The harness in your car was torn?  Was that the problem all along?

I am sorry, I have been away for a couple of weeks, what does this mean?

Still interested in any values for this conection!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

@Göran W

Basically, testing of the wiring on the F55 system is only a continuity test. The magnet controls the strut by a pulse width signal from the ride control module, so there is not a resistance value to go by.

Are you asking where the strut wiring harness is connected to the vehicle? If so, it is near the strut and the ABS connector and the brake pad wear sensor connector is next to it, so follow the wiring from the brake pad if you have trouble locating it.

@BodybyFisher

No, I have high hopes the strut is ok. Maybe the last one was ok to?

It was probably the broken harnesk that fooled me. I have now ordered a repair kit.

Since I will only change a small part of the wire it would feel good to meassure the remain from the broken end. Don´t know how and don´t know values.:blush:

If you are using same gauge wiring you will be fine as far as ohm values go.

57 minutes ago, OldCadTech said:

@Göran W

Basically, testing of the wiring on the F55 system is only a continuity test. The magnet controls the strut by a pulse width signal from the ride control module, so there is not a resistance value to go by.

Are you asking where the strut wiring harness is connected to the vehicle? If so, it is near the strut and the ABS connector and the brake pad wear sensor connector is next to it, so follow the wiring from the brake pad if you have trouble locating it.

LOL, this one

The ESC module is behind the rear seat. Did find a couple of pics for the 2002 with F55. #1 in third pic is the ESC.

2002seville1.jpg

2002seville2.jpg

2002seville3.jpg

2002seville4.jpg

Archived