CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

i034 i054 will not show engine temp now just lines and tranny started jumping now

Jeffery

Couple of clues...

IO34 code is 'Loss of PCM data'

I also think you are also getting '--' in the data displays.

No IO54 listed in my 1994 service manual. Are you sure that is the correct code? Maybe IO52?

Being the trans is shifting funny too.....my guess is the PCM is going bad. It is mounted behind the glove box. You can drop it down and tap on it some while the car is running....any glitches or stalling while tapping will confirm a bad PCM. 

There is also a TSB about some bad PCMs for 1994 models. 

It's also showing stop engine low oil I also was having trouble with temp jumping a while back and it would say stop engine with just turning switch on 

Hmmm......The IPCs can also go bad and display these problems. 

False messages...and '---' in the data display. 

Some kind of problem on the network data 800 circuit.  Can be a bad computer on the 800 circuit that corrupts the vehicle data.  

Are you talking about the instrument panel in the dash. I'm kinda leaning towards computer the door chime just started going off with all doors closed. This has became a nightmare . Is there any other model Cadillac computer that will work on my Eldorado?

Yes....the IPC is the instrument panel cluster.

There are other years that should work....key word being should. Kinda rusty on the details of the IPC. 

Basically all the computers are tied together on a big loop so they can transmit data to other computers and the IPC. Works great until one of the computers goes bad and pulls down the data on the 800 circuit. Then all kinds of crazy stuff goes on. Your lucky if yours is doing it on a regular basis. Intermittent ones are very difficult to pin point.  

my outside temp still shows on display where climate control is. you can clear ipc codes and everything will show for about 5 secs. when you try to go into pcm to check that it just says no pcm data.i have another topic where I used to get a p073 it went away now I get this problem.

Thinking about the IPC.....there are some differences. 

The 1992 one was a one year configuration. 

Others....the red line is different on the tach depending if it's a 4.9L or Northstar. 

The mileage is stored in the IPC. So a used IPC will show a different mileage. That can be fixed at a Delco speedo /radio repair shop for some $. 

Likely some settings would have to be changed in the IPC...that's doable.

The PCM.....cheapest thing to do is drop it down and tap test it. Any scrambled data...stalling...any glitches while car is running and tapping would make the PCM suspect. Plus they are kinda cheap...around $100 for a reman unit. 

No work of that kind it just started going crazy 1 day and hasn't been the same have had car since 08 with no problem until now with p073 I was getting now this I'm thinking pcm 

The data line is actually tan on the 1994. Circuit 800. 

There is suppose to be a cover on the ALDL. It has a little jumper in it to complete the loop....is the cover there? The system should still work if the cover is missing and everything is ok. But if there is a problem...the cover works as a redundant connection.  

circuit800.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2017 at 10:48 PM, Jeffery said:

turned out to be computer thanks for all the help

Glad you figured it out

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived