JohnSprague

2005 Cadillac STS Base 4 Door 4.6L

4 posts in this topic

Can the original rear shock absorber that came with the car, AD Delco 540-522 be rebuilt instead of having to be replaced with new, if so is there a kit that I can do it or a place that will recondition them?.

Thank You.

John Sprague

Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Welcome :welcomesmiley:

That part is still available new; why would you choose to rebuild?

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black; 2013 Cadillac ATS 2L Turbo Premium (Wife's)

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Quite honestly I don't have the money to replace them with new, and I don't trust any shock skinny replacement because it looks like the shock has alot to do with the stability of the rear body.

This car was a mess when I got from my brother, so far I saved it from the junk yard to a daily runner, 8mpg to 20mpg, I never would have bought a Cadillac but this one is kind of growing on me. :)

Well to update what I did, I did purchased a pair of aftermarket shocks, they went on really easy and they work just fine, they are not as heavy duty as the originals but the new were was over priced and the used were way over priced, if I need to beef up my suspension I can do a coil over shock with a nice Monroe shock and put a better coil on there also, I am sure that a reliable shop has figured out how to rebuild my old shocks that look structurally sound, if someone know anyone let me know, Thanks,

John Sprague

Oshkosh, Wisconsin