Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cavell

cts head question

2 posts in this topic

any info on valve damage due to timing belt issues? my saturn vue uses the opel 3.0 motor which is basically the same as the cts 3.2. i got vue with suspected timing belt issues and i pulled heads and all intake valves nicked the piston tops. but there are not exhaust valve nicks. i think 2 cyls have stuck valves but 4 look ok but i plan on replacing all intake valves. anyone know if my exhaust valves are probably ok? yes i can pull valves and inspect them and so on but if someone says the exhaust valves dont have issues than i will go from there.

Been there on this engine.....only the intake valves hit because they are a larger valve.

Plan on replacing all the intake valves....they are very cheap on eBay. Maybe $40 for all new intake valves.

You wont even have to lap the valves....sounds crazy....but valve seats have gotten so good....you are actually creating more damage by lapping them in.

You will likely find all the intake lifters pumped up.....the intake valves wont close until you dismantle each one....very time consuming to do.

You will need a specific Kent Moore tool to get the valve retainers out....I may actually still have the tool.

Picture says it all.....all intake valves bent.....2002 Saturn VUE with 3.0L Opel Ecotech engine. Guess who took the picture?

bentvalve.jpg

BodybyFisher likes this