CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Devile inst cluster lights out, speedomiter out gas guage out

Lets start with a module reset. Disconnect BOTH battery cables at the battery and touch both cable ends together. Reconnect the battery and let us know if it made any difference. This will drain any transient voltage and reset the modules.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

OK I did this and the problem is still the same. there is indicator lights across the top of the inst. pannel like security service engin soon the oil and some others. but it is the speed omidor gas and maybe back lights I am not sure what all elese there might be that does not light up.

Check all the fuses. Ign 1 fuse especially. There are also fuses under the rear seat cushion, you probably seen the fuse block when you did the battery disconnect.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Another thing worth mentioning is to make SURE the panel is not dimmed or turned off.

Ok I checked all of the fuses they looked to be good. My battery is in the front not under the rear seat cushion. I did check the fuses behind the rear seat and noticed one fuse that had no power to it or coming out of it. It is a 30 amp fuse. Let me go back and locate the ign 1 fuse and double check its status. be right back. 

Hold the off and warmer buttons on the climate control panel, you should get a WOW display, you will know it, if and when it happens. If it happens it should light up all segments of the display at once. Let me know if this happens.

Hmmm, research time...... I'll have to dig a little deeper.

Did you notice if it went into diagnostics? Did it display PCM?

Cycle through the display modes and see if anything different happens

On the left side button panel is there a switch for "information" or "display" ?

push that button it should cycle through different displays every time you press the button, like battery voltage etc... does it display anything?

Archived