CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Start/stop

IMG_3863.JPG

driving a new ATS with start/stop while my wife's 2013 has maintenance.  The center button with an A in a ring disables the start/stop if desired.

start/stop is a feature that turns off the engine when the vehicle is stopped to improve mpg and reduce emissions.  Some users don't prefer it; it seems easy to disengage.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Although I dont care for a vehicle that shuts off I like the fact that they give you the option

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I have the XT5, and the stop/start can not be turned off, however, it can be defeated.  I don't mind that the engine shuts off and restarts when the vehicle is at rest for an at least a modicum of time but it can be tedious in certain parking lot/stop sign stops/slow traffic situations/etc.  The stop/start is very smooth (though fairly noticeable) as well.  

When I can anticipate an upcoming stoppage, that in all reality is going to be very very short, I will invoke the override.  This is a tap on the shifter, which puts the tranny in manual mode (thus keeping the engine from shutting down).  The only thing that is then required to resume normal cruising is to tap the shifter (again) to put the tranny back in automatic function.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived