CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

WIpers quit 99 deville

TheRoger

Hey guys finally got my 99 luxury beauty bcak running after several pitfalls in the head studding process.  Used jakes studs and very happy with the quality of the product.  Car is rinning mint and having no issues other than when i first ran her i turned thw wipers on, which worked, but soon after conked out totally including washer which does not work.  I have checked both fuses and the relay, and switched all of them for known good ones.  Nothing.  now when i have the key on i put the tester on the main wiper motor plug position yellow and black and got no reading.  Same when i ground to body.  Logic would say its the switch, which i replaced with a spare i have and nothing either.  Totally stumped why shes not getting power.

Did you check that the wiper motor was plugged in after they dropped the engine? I don't have the manual at the moment but were you applying power to the relay side or the actual wiper motor itself?

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

hey i figured it out earlier and headed out for a bit.  Its the actual plug itself was contacting poorly.  CLeaned the contacts and it works.  Will keep an eye on it and if it happens again ill change the plug.

I was going to ask that because my 97 Deville had the same problem.

I was going to suggest wiggling the plug at the motor and see if it works.

The pins in the plug to mine were all opened up and not making contact with the motor pins

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

yes that was the culprit.  appears now too that i scraped my rad putting it in have a litttle steam leak here too.  Was considering a new one anyway since this was factory rad so maybe forced my hand a little here.

The last thing you want to do is overheat this engine, or have a steam pocket form near the thermostat or water pump.  Yes, do not drive the car, and replace the radiator. If it was the original radiator, you did yourself a favor by damaging it.  It was questionable as it was.  Check your surge tank for leaks or hairline cracks as well.

Archived