CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacing ignition switch on 2002 cad/SLS

T Sanders

We will see

2 minutes ago, T Sanders said:

I bet that heated seat indicator is a clue to something tho.I do need to find those undercar grounds tho,before I try a test drive,or leave the bat cable on overnight-  It's up on the stands  till Monday!-There's not even a "check engine" light on,at this time! Wish it was that simple! OCT! Cadillac Brother! Be talking to ya!

You should be good to go. Nothing in the UART line should leave you stranded. Only ground that you would access from below is possibly the one at the front of the engine.

The heated seat element more than likely shorted, If the memory module fails, door locks tilt wheel and seat functions will be affected is all.  If that happens >>>>>

Be sure to roll down the window BEFORE driving it into the lake.... :wacko:

Drive it and see what happens... I think you're fixed.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

OCT! Ya know,that would be a good,good thing! I been hoping that when I seen the clear dashboard nice and clear! I'll take it down and see for sure! When the 9# vin 300hp went that's when It got me! I don't even stand on the gas hardly either! Did you know 2002 Seville is good for 140+. ( is there a governer?) I owned  a quitea few Caddys over the years and I gotta tell ya,my friend,I eighther busted my knuckles on them, or put a paint/bodywork restoration (usually both!) I can sense that this club/post is a real good thing( even if I'm two two fingering it on the phone/computer-ha!) I'll get back with ya after the weekend about the grounds I'm gonna find underneath.( before I put it down!)I know there's a lot of stories about some builds to share coming up! Have a good one,my Brother!!!

2 hours ago, OldCadTech said:

As long as it is operating okay clear codes and take it out for a drive. If it acts up again, shoot it!

!!

2 hours ago, T Sanders said:

I bet that heated seat indicator is a clue to something tho.I do need to find those undercar grounds tho,before I try a test drive,or leave the bat cable on overnight-  It's up on the stands  till Monday!-There's not even a "check engine" light on,at this time! Wish it was that simple! OCT! Cadillac Brother! Be talking to ya!

Generally Cadillacs are speed limited based on the speed rating of the tires that came with the Cadillac originally.  I would guess that era SLS was limited to 130 mph, and an equivalent STS to 155 mph. Occasionally some sedans are limited to 112 mph b/c of tires fitted.   Unlimited they are good for around 160 mph assuming no head wind and an infinite straight road to reach top speed.  Some of the V-series don't have a speed limiter and come equipped with appropriate tires rated for very high speeds.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Wow Bruce! That's good to know,even better because I have the DTS 300hp in my SLS.-155mph! That's good with me!-The V series is a whole other thing thing tho.I owned every series Seville,I think, exept for that 90s short body,and I've did paint bodywork 50s SEVILLES (57/8 Broughams also,I've seen some very limited 50sCaddys up close and personal like! And it was a thrill,I must admit!!.I do have a 81 4/6/8 Seville, that put up many years ago, But look to have a "V" one day,and I be good!

Archived