CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New 99 Deville 50th Anniversary owner

Hey Guys,

I am the proud new owner of a 99 DeVille 50th Annyversary Gold edition. I bought it as the 3rd owner with a little less than 30k miles on it. The car has some minor cosmetic issues, but mechanically works perfectly right now.

Turns on easy (althoug battery might be a little low), does not overheat (maximum I have seen when stopping right after highway was 222, with an outside temp of 80, which I believe is normal for this cars?), Everything works as expected, no error codes nor alarms.

I believe those had a massage function, but have no clue how to turn it on. Seated heats, memory, positioning, everything working as expected.

So, I hope to learn a lot from you guys, and any information on hidden features, possible problems, what to look for, etc... will be much appreciated.

P.S. I will post some pictures of the car when I am done cleaning and detailing it. It really needs a HUUUGE cleaning.

:welcomesmiley:

Congratulations on finding a time capsule, forgotten for years.

Change ALL the fluids.. The vehicle has been sitting in a dormant state for almost 18 years. Unless you have recent records, I would would change them all, Pwr Strng, Brake fluid ( switch to DOT-5 ), COOLANT !!, Trans Fluid, and of course Engine Oil. There has been a LOT of moisture absorption from condensation over the years, the sooner it's changed the better. Cheap insurance for longer vehicle life.

Almost forgot - check the tires. Tires expire in six years. Build dates are on the "inside" of the tire close to the bead.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your insight. Last owner only had the car for a little over a year. It has new tires on it and all the fluids look "healthy". Will definitely change them, and filters, though, as I don't have any information on when it was all changed, and the car has been sitting outside for a few months.

Archived