CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

06 SRX trunk won't open with trunk release button

I have had my SRX for 2 yrs now and could never open my trunk by pulling on the handle on the trunk or close it by pressing the soft press button found on the inner rim of the trunk when its open. It opens and closes fine only with the key FOB. What could be causing this problem? It becomes a little annoying to always have to use the remote and being that I have a rechargeable after market alarm remote if it dies while I'm out I can't open my trunk so I need to fix what ever is wrong. Thanks for all your help.

Have you checked the valet switch?

The after market alarm system could be causing the problem also.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Thank you for helping me it is not the after market alarm system unfortunately. This was a problem that existed when I purchased it. The dealer didn't even know how to open the trunk when I pulled on the handle and it didn't open. I finally opened it on the lot only with the key FOB. Then I tried to press the soft button in the trunk and that didn't work either so he said it might be a fuse or relay. I have no clue which fuse box inside the truck it is to even check it because I didnt see it in the one under the hood.

Did you have the after-market alarm installed after you purchased the vehicle? If you have the owners manual it will show you which fuses operate the lift-gate and their location.

When the aftermarket alarm systems are installed the circuit is "spliced" into the wiring to allow the alarm to operate like OEM. Since the remote operates the lift-gate normally I'm thinking that the after-market alarm is "disabling" the other switches. Be sure to check the valet switch as valet "mode" will disable the switches also.

I don't have a service manual for an '06 but I'm pretty sure someone on Caddyinfo can come up with more accurate circuit descriptions than the owners manual.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Archived