CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SRX -05 V8 transmission turbine?

I have -05 SRX V8 and there is something wrong with automatic transmission system. Car repairer said that we need to change turbine. I live in Finland and I'm trying to order that part from USA (or somewhere where it's cheaper) but I can't find it anywhere from internet.. Can someone help me? What is actually name of that part? Is it turbine in english?

(Sorry my bad english )

:welcomesmiley:

Welcome.  I suggest you ask the repairer for a specific list of needed parts by GM part number.  Then you are more likely to get exactly what is needed.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The only turbine I can think of is in the torque converter.  Did he say torque converter?  What are the symptoms?

I dont think I have ever saw a torque converter go bad as a primary failure, usually the torque converter fails as a consequence of something else, like the TCC circuit.  

If it is the torque converter rockauto has one for $150 that includes a $50 core charge which you would undoubtly just pay as it would probably cost more to send it back.

You can order parts from www.rockauto.com  and they will ship to you.

I found this on their web page;

Today, we ship thousands of parts, from hundreds of manufacturers, to millions of customers all over the world.

I have a 5% discount code you can use:

Discount on RockAuto Parts!

Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code

Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on October 30, 2016

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I agree with BodybyFisher; the torque converter is a fluid turbine (and part of the transmission).  As you describe, a transmission problem, that would seem to be what the tech was referring.  Just check back with the technician and ask him if this is what he needs.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I have seen torque converters go bad BUT in all the cases I've seen it has been a total transmission rebuild because the viscous fluid enters the transmission and damages the internal components.

I wouldn't order one unless I had a very good explanation as to how it failed as a single unit. I would get another opinion. Seems more likely it would be a TCC solenoid or other control malfunction. 

4726-004-7913CB65.jpg

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Archived