CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SRX radio and navi problem

Kris Poland

Hi! I got problem with my SRX navigation and radio.

I buy car cheap becouse navigation and radio panel dont work. 

fuses was cheked and it's ok.

Maybe someone has solution for this? (except by new radio)

if it's wrong plase to this topic, then please Admin rem it in right place.

Start by running the OBD codes, writing them down, and posting them here.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 months later...

SOLVED

The problem was in prewious user. He install ardruino with wireless module, and he use (i think) other keyfob to unock car and radio/navi panel. I cut out ardruino module and evrything work proper.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately ardruino was't problem. That was coincidence that navi and radio start workig. One day suddenly panel goes black and stay like til now. 

There is no OBD codes that may be helpful. I think that problem is in the communication betwen navi and computer. Its impossible to download new soft for navi becouse is too old and any of known cadillac service in Poland can't do this now. 

My question is: is it possible to run radio and cd without communication with car computer? For example swich some pins on back panel.

Last fall....had a suspect navigation radio in wifes 2012 Equinox. Radio would turn on/off at random....loss of song title and station data....outside temp etc. I would also loose the HVAC panel and lighting as that is controlled by the radio.

Sent the radio unit in for repair. Way cheaper than a new unit. About $400. Everything has been working fine since then. 

Anyway...place I used was..

http://www.radiosandmore.com

If I have to spend 550 for fix and 200 for shipping, then it's much easier to buy some other navi and radio. New for sure will got more function than oem except comm with car computer.

What I want to do now is try to run oem radio/navi with out computer communitation.

There is plug with power voltage, audio out, and...I dont known what. Maybe will be enough put 12V or 5V on some pin and it will run. I want only access to cd/dvd and radio. 

• 11 months later...

Since time I wrote this topic, Navi start working and stop again.

I found with diagnostic tool, that radio module read power voltage 15.5V, the other modules see proper voltage 13,2V

Is inside part witch read voltage for each module? Or maybe there is some bad bit in memory. How to find this part or how to reset latched memory?

Maybe solution is very simple.

I would check the ground connections.  Begin with the ardruino connections, make sure that they are all good connections.  If you remove any of the splices, use new splices.  Never re-use electrical parts for crimping or splicing.

I believe that you can still run the OBD codes yourself in a 2006 model; I'm not sure about the SRX model.

There may not be a problem with the voltage readings.  There are several points that the car reads the voltage:  at the alternator armature, where 15.5 Volts is normal when the battery is charging, which always happens right after you start the car, the system battery voltage which is at the maxifuse block under the hood which should be about 14 Volts when the engine is running, and at the battery, which should be a few tenths of a Volt higher than the system voltage.

Note that the voltage reading will vary a bit depending on where you have the ground connected.  When you are measuring with a voltmeter, the nearest large metal body part, like a dashboard support, is good.

Another thing to check if the volatages are strange is the battery ground cable.  There are three battery ground cable connections:  one on the right rear of the engine, one on the inner fender wall near the battery, and a wiring harness connector.  Those all need to be clean and tight.

Both battery cable connections to the battery should be clean and tight, too.  Sometimes corrosion builds up to the point that the connection is less than perfect on either or both the positive terminal to red cables, or negative terminal to black cables.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived