CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lost my Cadillac fob keys and purchased a new fob but can't figure out how to reset new fob keys..it's not working..please someone reply back step by step..

I don't have old fob..need to delete old fob with new fob recently purchased..

• 3 weeks later...

I have programmed a fob when I wanted a second one.  It's easy to do.  However, in your case you don't have one, so you need to program a fob when no other fob is available.  You can program more than one fob. If you only have one fob than simply terminate the procedure once the first one is programmed.

How – No programmed transmitters available

• Obtain all remote transmitters
  • NOTE: Switch ignition OFF
  • Place the new unrecognized transmitter into the transmitter pocket with transmitter buttons facing the front of the vehicle (You need to open the center console and you will see a small pocket.  Put the fob in the pocket)
  • Insert key into driver’s door lock
  • Within 5 seconds turn key to unlock position 5 times. Driver’s information center will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN
  • Press the OFF/ACC button (ignition switch)
    • Driver’s information center will display WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero in one minute intervals
    • After ten minutes. The driver’s information center will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN
    • Driver’s information center will display WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero in one minute intervals
    • After ten minutes. The driver’s information center will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN
    • After ten minutes: Acoustic signal is emitted and driver’s information center will display READY FOR FOB 1
    • Another acoustic signal is emitted indicating programming complete and the driver’s information center displays READY FOR FOB 2
  • Remove first transmitter FOB1
  • Carry out above procedure for the three remaining transmitters
  • When all four transmitters have been programmed driver’s information center displays MAX FOBS LEARNED and will exit programming mode
  • Operate each transmitter to finalize programming and check operation
  • NOTE: Remote transmitters can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment

• 1 year later...

04-09. SRX is not owner programsble but the good news is that a decent locksmith with mobile seevice can do it on the cheap. My car took a special key (PK3+) symbol stamped on it.  I got my car with a single key and no fobs ! Bought used factory fobs on ebay, and three factory GM keys with transponders in them.  $65 bucks to recode and came to the house !

Archived