CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I like This Site, But Why Even Bother With It With No New Posts In A Week!

I come to this site every day hoping to read anything new on (problem wise) a Cadillac and there have been no new posts in a week. Why even bother with this website. Just merge it with the other Cadillac forum and be done with it.

Hi Ron -- certainly I would be happy to see more posts, although I hope people are able to enjoy their Cadillacs without problems.   I also monitor the forum daily or more often, and often find things to respond to, or new Cadillac news to curate.  I don't plan to merge CaddyInfo with any of the other Cadillac sites but thanks for the thought.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I hear ya Bruce as I don't come here to read about other owners misery, only hoping to come here to find solutions to the problems that come up frequently with our Caddy's.

The search is working better, and is a treasure trove of solutions.  I like to hear how people are enjoying their Cadillacs as well.   I have not done a proper write-up or video on my new ATS-V yet but intend to soon.  Maybe a status report at each oil change.  I really enjoy these cars, both old and new, and enjoy hearing or talking about them.

Bruce

22 hours ago, Ron 2000 said:

I hear ya Bruce as I don't come here to read about other owners misery, only hoping to come here to find solutions to the problems that come up frequently with our Caddy's.

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Ron 2000 said:

I come to this site every day hoping to read anything new on (problem wise) a Cadillac and there have been no new posts in a week. Why even bother with this website. Just merge it with the other Cadillac forum and be done with it.

If you have an issue or a problem if you post it, usually someone that has experience with it will reply.   

Posts to the board tend to be cyclical, for instance, when the weather turned hot, we got a lot of AC questions.  

I believe that interest in the older cadillacs is waning, because of the reduced number of posts that you highlighted so harshly and the fact that they are becoming rare at my favorite scrap yard who said they had not gotten a cadillac in in 3 months.  

When we transitioned to this new version of the board, the search function was broken and I was unable to find anything even recent threads that I started.  That has since been fixed and I was able to search for very old threads that I created over ten years ago when my name was Scotty.  It took more than a day to compile the historical database it is so large

This board has explored virtually every problem that could be covered over the years.  We have been frequented by an engineer from the Northstar design team (we will never replace him, but many of us carry his valuable legacy), GM and Cadillac techs, and members who excell at AC, electronics, diagnostics, suspensions, the oil industry and members who have owned and repaired very advanced issues such as shift solenoids, ISS speed sensors, crossover seals, hub bearings, head gaskets with timeserting and engine swaps and more.  

Your car is 16 years old and mine is 20 years old, ANY problem that could possibly happen HAS been covered here and its in the archives. I myself have 25,000 posts under BBF and Scotty.  I believe as part of the registration process, Bruce suggests to visit a new user thread and to use the search function to see if your problem has been covered already.  This falls under the category of "God helps those who help themselves".

But again, if you have a problem that search can not answer, posting a detailed description of your problem should net help.  

I see you are from WestChester, NY.  Given that I am from NY and worked in Manhattan for 30 years I see and understand NY rudeness that we are known nationwide for. I will say though that rudeness may diminish the amount of replies you get from members here who take their time to respond due to their willingness to help others and their love of Cadillacs.  

Try searching the extensive archives or posting a detailed question and we will see if we can help. 

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

@Bruce Nunnally you should be ashamed of yourself for posting that view...  :offtopic:  Please refrain from taking your camera to the balcony. :wipetears

@Ron 2000 what is the problem you are having with your vehicle?

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

I am not sure what is a bigger tease, Bruce's view or that ATS-V!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

If you get the chance...be sure to see Kalalau Valley on the North side of Kauai. Grand Canyon of the Pacific.

Well worth the visit. Tour buses can't handle the last mile of road...so most elderly visitors never quite get to see it.

That area is used in all kinds of movies like Jurassic Park. See:

http://hanaleibayresort.com/filmed-on-kauai/

kauaisnip.JPG

sounds nice; we did Waimea Canyon and missed the movie-locations tour.  We had not been to HI before; Lovely place to visit.  Good trip and headed home now.

image.gif

Bruce

Well...almost...you have to go thru Waimea Canyon to get to Kalalau Valley. Literally at the end of the road on the north side. Tour buses can't get to it...rental cars can. Stunning.

Kind of only one road in and out. You can always insist they turn the boat around... 

On 7/23/2016 at 9:03 AM, BodybyFisher said:

This board has explored virtually every problem that could be covered over the years.

So has the Corvette forum that I am on and that doesn't stop the endless conversations that go on everyday. Because a problem has been discussed and addressed it doesn't mean it's over.

There was not a week with literally no posts.  Are you watching Activity | All Activity or only the main subforum?

Bruce

54 minutes ago, Bruce Nunnally said:

There was not a week with literally no posts.  Are you watching Activity | All Activity or only the main subforum?

I was watching the Deville forum, but that is immaterial for the purpose of this conversation because no one part of any forum especially one with a popular car as a Deville should go post less for a week. You can lock this thread or do whatever you want with it. I said what I said and made my point.

Ron -- I was concerned that perhaps you were simply unaware of the facts and were not seeing all daily posts to CaddyInfo.  If you follow/subscribe to that subforum you will be alerted if there are model specific posts there so you need not visit between such posts if those are your sole interest.  I'm glad you like CaddyInfo; Thanks for visiting. 

Bruce

Well I have to say I really enjoy this site and hope it does not hook up with any other Caddy sites I have gotten lots of good info from my 1993 DEVILLE  and I actually have a service light on with a code I need to address when I get some more time. I especially enjoy the respect given here along with good solid INFO thanks Bruce for a great place foe Caddy owners   

Archived