CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Reinforced CTS-V LSA intercooler blocks

This is an interesting product, and I like to encourage companies that are making specific Cadillac related products:

GM designed the intercooler 'bricks' in the Supercharged 6.2L LSA to withstand the stock boost level of about 8 psi. With increased boost levels produced by aftermarket upper/lower pulleys, the structure of the brick is not only subjected to higher boost pressures but also higher thermal loads. These two factors will inevitably cause the coolant end-tank to cave in, which results in a reduction of water flow within the core as well as a reduction in overall intercooler efficiency. Once the end-tank caves in the structural integrity of the brick itself may also be compromised, which can lead to higher intake air temps and coolant leakage (internal or external).
In order to address the inherent weakness of the OEM design, Dedicated Motorsports offers reinforced intercooler 'bricks' which are pressure tested up to 25 psi

RIBCTSV-2T.jpg?1467097850

Read more: https://www.dedicatedmotorsports.com/product-p/ribctsv.htm

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

zl1lid-2.jpg?1468927495

Milled and Reinforced ZL1 Lid and -12AN Fitting/Hose Kit for 2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V

A common upgrade for the CTS-V is now available from Dedicated Motorsports. The ZL1 Blower lid sports a larger volume plenum, higher density/ more efficient intercooler core and a LESS restrictive airflow path on the intercooler exit. It’s easy to see why the factory rated Horsepower of the ZL1 Camaro was 24 Hp higher than the CTS-V LSA. This additional volume and lid height requires the ZL1 lids to be milled to allow for hood clearance. 

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived