CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Original factory invoice available for older cars?

Nohilow

Is it possible to go to a Cadillac dealership and have them print out an invoice for 2002 Deville as it came off the lot the first time? Or...is there a list of all the features on a  Deville base  available online? I am continually finding new stuff to explore...! My car came was originally sold at a dealership (Vic Alfonso) here in my hometown (Portland, Or).

Also having some trouble finding a  used Service Manual online. Any ideas? As far as the consumer books available, which does the forum like better...Chilton or Haynes?

Often under the floor of the trunk (the spare cover) there is a build list of RPO codes.  If you image that we can likely find an close RPO list from a shop manual or here on CaddyInfo to help decode.  RPO = regular production option, or GM's standard coding for how the vehicle was equipped.

Be sure to also check http://www.helminc.com occasionally I have found the new original shop manual is less expensive than what some people ask for them on ebay.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to  announce that I, ME, MY,  have something to contribute, besides a question....

I went to the local Cadillac dealership (Vic Alfonso- Portland, Or.)  that originally sold my baby in 2002 and while ordering some touch-up paint (just in case), I asked the counterman, Gary,  if it was possible to have a print out of the original invoice, or what ever they called it, for my records.

"Sure, all I need is the VIN number." Gary replied.

"DONE!" I responded....and 5 minutes later I left the lot with the read-out. Of course, this might have happened for a couple of reasons, not the least of which was my disarming charm, or my gorgeous wife batting her baby blues, or the fact that it originally was sold on that lot...never-the-less, I've answered my own question.

Hope this helps others who would like a copy of their ride for their files.

Archived