CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

No, sorry.  I enjoy the HF ads, and I have a store near by but I have not been in to explore.  The dual action polisher #62862 would be the one to select

62862_zzz_alt1_500.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Here is a review

Prior review

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I've never been a big fan of HF's tools, although I have seen reviews of their sliding compound miter saw by a woodworking mag that said the tool was good but to replace the saw blade with a quality woodworking saw. That was a pretty convincing recommendation as far as I was concerned because woodworking tools can be pretty pricey if you stay with the upper echelon brands. Not me. I am a true "wood butcher"...I'd rather weld my mistakes back together.

The polisher might be a good purchase. However, my grandson works at Lowe's and is always scoring "returned" merchandise. A discounted return, plus his employee discount often make the decision an easy one. They have the Porter Cable orbital polisher for $129.00 and "keeping my fingers crossed"...hopefully someone will return one for some stupid reason and he'll swoop it up. I can wait...that purchase may be down in the cost range of the HF.  I assume this is the Porter Cable all the detailing guys like?PORTER-CABLE 4.5-Amp ROS Sander

I purchased an electric HF orbital polisher for $69.99 a few months ago.  I used it for all but my '96 deville.  I almost bought an air polisher, but i happened to run into a detailer, and he gave convincing reasons to go with this.  I purchased a glaze compound, and the polishing pads.  It worked well.  He really stressed that as a beginner it is very important to have an orbital, so we don't leave swirl marks.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 7/4/2016 at 2:16 AM, Nohilow said:

I've never been a big fan of HF's tools, although I have seen reviews of their sliding compound miter saw by a woodworking mag that said the tool was good but to replace the saw blade with a quality woodworking saw. That was a pretty convincing recommendation as far as I was concerned because woodworking tools can be pretty pricey if you stay with the upper echelon brands. Not me. I am a true "wood butcher"...I'd rather weld my mistakes back together.

The polisher might be a good purchase. However, my grandson works at Lowe's and is always scoring "returned" merchandise. A discounted return, plus his employee discount often make the decision an easy one. They have the Porter Cable orbital polisher for $129.00 and "keeping my fingers crossed"...hopefully someone will return one for some stupid reason and he'll swoop it up. I can wait...that purchase may be down in the cost range of the HF.  I assume this is the Porter Cable all the detailing guys like?http://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/885911/885911064460.jpg

Thanks for this