CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

´95 Eldo engine oscilation ?

FSchuett

Frank, I just put it back together and my EGR pindle code is gone, and she is smooth, very nice.... Cleaned my throttle body also... Put wire loom over my ignition wires, rerouted everything, looked for leaks, and she a looking good... Going out for a hard ride, wish I had the Autobon, the Long Island Expressay will have to do! :lol: Mike

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, my EGR Pindle Position Error Code is gone (forget number), but every 5 minutes the code would set, it was really annoying, messages flashing across the DIC every five minutes. When I took the EGR out, the pindle was sticking closed, when I cleaned it, the pindle was really free and smooth.

Hi Scotty,

thank you very much for all...

I´ve read your email and I´m waiting for the shipping cost :D

Now, if you have an EGR gasket I´m very happy if you sent me these part with the manual (tell me the prize). ;)

I think it´s to cold today for cleaning the valve and I want to wait for the gasket.

I wish you a happy weekend...

Thank you Scotty !

From germany

Frank

You write "good old america" I think you live in a very new land :lol:

I live in a 1300 years old village with 3000 people and a 1000 years old church.

And how old is america ;)

Hello Scotty,

after a great testdrive...

- If I drive over nearly 1800 RPM the car/engine drive excelent in all situations

- If I drive under 1800 RPM the car/engine drive execelent if I press the accelerator pedal.

- If I drive under 1800 RPM and over 1000 RPM the engine ocilation (100-150 RPM) if I don´t press the accelerator pedal.

- If I drive under 1000 RPM the car/engine drive excelent in all situations.

- No error codes.

- car with exact 26.000 mls.

Is it the EGR valve ?

Thank you Frank

You write "good old america" I think you live in a very new land :lol:

I live in a 1300 years old village with 3000 people and a 1000 years old church.

And how old is america ;)

Frank, I understand what you are saying, but I was being cordial. Maybe I should have said, maybe I should have said greetings from good young america! :D

Frank, As I expected shipping to Germany is $25 for a 2-week delivery, how Helms wants $150 to ship is beyond me! Let me know, maybe you can buy them and have them shipped to me, and I can ship them to you, what do you think? Mike

Hello Scotty,

it´s a very nice idea...

Please tell me complete costs (manual + shipping to you + shipping to me)

an I can pay with paypal ?

Thank you very much.

Frank

Ill look into this for you as soon as I can, tell me the year and model of your car, 95 Eldorado? I will contact Helm and have it shipped to me and then ship it to you,. I need to look into how I can get paid via Paypal... This may take a little time. Mike

Ok I have figured it out. I called Paypal, you can send money to my paypal account, via my email address which I will give you. So I would order the manual, have it shipped to me, and then ship it to you via the US post office for about $25, and you pay me for the manual plus shipping plus the EGR gasket :lol:

What else would you like for your Seville. I have many (very nice!) junk yards near me and I may be able to acquire anything you need that you can't get there.... Body parts, interior parts, etc... I also have a Cadillac dealer around the corner, so let me know if you would want anything, we might was well get you set up as best we can!

Best Wishes from good young America :lol: Mike

Scotty,

You are going to be caddyinfo.com's official international shipper! :lol: Any special rates for shipping parts to France? ;)

That's funny, do you remember when I shipped a fully assembled 4.9, with 65,000 miles on it, in a crate to a guy in Amsterdam from a Long Island junk yard? That may have been before your time on the old board. Shipping was $400! Now that was service! At Caddyinfo we aim to please!

• 2 months later...

Hello...

I´ve clean the EGR valve and install it with a new gasket.

Now, the Eldo has the same problem as before.

It´s not the EGR....

WHAT IS IT ?????????

Any ideas ???????

Thank from germany

Frank

• 4 months later...

Hello...

I´ve clean the EGR valve and install it with a new gasket.

Now, the Eldo has the same problem as before.

It´s not the EGR....

WHAT IS IT ?????????

Any ideas ???????

Thank from germany

Frank

Now, If the car is hot... the problem is a not so great !

Frank, please do me a favor, describe the problem you are having in german and send it in an email to me if you can.. I am not sure if that is possible but if it is please do so. I have a friend from Germany that can read your words and explain to me in more detail the problems you are having. I think there is something lost in the translation here that is making it more difficult for me to understand the problem. We have been through this a few times and I don't feel we are making positive progress.

Thanks, Mike

I believe I have had a similar problem... I think Frank is trying to say is that the engine runs rough while decelerating between 2000-1900 rpm...Not quite sure if he is referring to a "surge".... IE decelerating to 1900, then jumping to 2000, then falling back to idle (600), or if he is just trying to describe a roughness while decelerating from 2000-1900. At any rate I had a similar problem (still do btw) while decelerating...only it occurs @ 1100 rpm. While decelerating the rpm's will dip down to 1000, then bounce up to 1100...then back down to idle...Scotty I believe you mentioned something about intermittent firing or something similar being the root cause?...Hopefully this helps

A.J.

Scotty,

I just read through the posts and was thinking about something. Could Frank simply just need to do some hardy second gear Wide Open Throttle manuevers? I'll get back to you when I have the complete letter translated by my German friend.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Hello Scotty,

I don´t clean the throttle body, because it was clean.

Thank´s

Frank

Frank, I have never seen one that WAS clean. This is important, look at the rear of the throttle plate, hold it open and look at the throttle plate, is there black carbon on the rear of it? Clean the rear of the plate, edges and throat walls carefully. When you do clean it, disconnect the battery and allow the computer to go through a relearn procedure.

I received your symptoms by email written in german. Kger2 is having it translated. However, from what I read so far, I want you to check your Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR). Pull the vacuum hose off of it and see if there is fuel present.

Do you have access to a fuel pressure guage? <ole

Hello Scotty,

next weekend I want clean the throttle body...

Now, where is these Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) ?

Thank you

Frank

Frank, I am not sure about the 95, but here is a photo on my 96. The FPR is located in the upper left hand corner of this picture, it has a vacuum hose attached to it. The FPR is attached to the Fuel Rail somewhere.

To Members:

Would someone with a 95 Northstar, post a description of where the FPR is for Frank? Thanks

post-3-1127474980_thumb.jpg

Archived