CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2017 Cadillac XT5 twin-clutch all wheel drive demonstration

2017 Cadillac XT5 twin-clutch all wheel drive demonstration. The AWD system continuously and automatically delivers excellent traction across a variety of conditions.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That was a good demo; I would have liked them to perform it again without the stopping. I know it would work just fine but by transferring it three times (like in the demo) it would/should show the seamlessness of it all. just my two-cents

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I guess if you don't stop then the momentum of the vehicle would overcome any lack of grip -- so pausing in each section demonstrates the torque shifts.

Bruce

I yield to your observation Bruce, however, I'd like to see how seamless the progress (through the rollers) would be at a very slow speed. Going at perhaps one mile per hour the rollers would almost immediately loose grip thus showing how well (and fast) the twin clutch design works. I'm sure the system would do splendidly; just wonder if the remainder of the 'demo', did in fact, show the audience the system at work (as I described). I think it would have plus'd the video. JMO, and I do appreciate all the postings you provide (good work there).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I think you are right but we'd have to see it both ways to tell, or do it as a science project ourselves lol.

Bruce

Archived