CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Carroll Custom Cadillac Allante build

Hi Bruce, just signed back in for the first time in awhile! But have plans to start visiting more often! I also have plans to set up our shop with studio cameras for our postings, Youtube, and website including your online show, if I complete our new studio set up with the shop as a back drop, we will visit you guys this week, but I will keep you posted as we are the busiest shops you'll ever witness? LOL.

As you know we backed out of the lime light last year for making future plans! But we are back and stronger then ever before, with our personal products such as our Stud Systems, CAI and much, much more! All new restoration on the block including our 51 soon to be a Limo Street Dragster!! Don't want to miss that one!

We will be posting live custom painting soon, starting with Ed's Eldorado Black on Black!

Anyhow, we have just started the above engine restore and will be posting several videos throughout the process to enlighten our fans of the original Northstar engineering. We will be explaining what worked and what failed, causing an extreme upgrade for the '95 and beyond! Should be lots of fun and very informative.

I will be sure to answer any questions that may pop up on this topic page! And or our website, youtube channel, and Facebook!

Thanks, Tim Carroll

CEO/Senior Engineer

Absolutely Bro! I was looking at your list of Cad's and I don't remember you having the XLR, which as you know is one of my favorite and my specialties!!!! So I look forward to the day I get to upgrade your XLR engine if you hold on to it until then? LOL The color sounds sweet, text me a pic or email I would love to see, maybe one day when you come back out, you can bring it over in person?

It's not like you don't live just a few miles away from me now?!!!!

I know you'll want to do a write so let me know so we can freshly mow! LOL We mow every week but it only takes a few days after rain to look like we are slacking, and my yard is as beautiful as the Cadillacs that are always here.

I would love to get a pic of it here with you at the shop.

Of course I have seen your '08, as a matter of fact I just built an STS '08 4.4 V I love it as much as you do, but I really love building them and upgrading it with our Studs!

I am going to post a video of it before it leaves, I am sure I will mention you and your car while speaking, if your OK with that? You know I am a Spectre Filter Advocate and use their filters in all my signature CAI box's!

Anyhow, great to be back, here is to many years bringing cool stuff to the world of Cadillac enthusiast!

PS.

The ATS is cool, but I see where it says (Wife's) I would of wrote that too!

i traded the STS-V and the XLR on my ATS-V, which has the 3.6L twin turbo LF4. My Wife also has an ATS 2L Turbo.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That is the sweet one! The 'V' Okay, that I can live with, but I would miss my XLR for sure!!!!!! Alright bro, I guess I won't get to upgrade it, but I do look forward to seeing your new one! LOL

The ATS-V is the hot model now, with Cadillac campaigning it in the Pirelli World Challenge in the GT3 class against the fastest closed-fender cars in the world, with great success. Their closest competition is Ferrari, Porsche Racing, and McLauren. And, the ATS-V, when driven on the street is a sweet, comfortable Cadillac, even in heavy traffic.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I need to get over to James Wood so I can drive some of the newest stuff, I usually do but been to busy these last couple years!

Yeah I have read all about it, and it is unbelievable, you scored! But that is what this is all about for guys like you an I, and our fans of course.

Do go test drive, but don't take you checkbook lol. I am really enjoying the ATS-V, just need more time to get out & drive. I liked the XLR but I didn't like leaving one Cadillac out in our weather, and we are Garage space limited at my house.

Bruce

That's my new engine! I'm as excited as a new Daddy! :hatsoff: This car was a 15K original mile Garage Queen when I bought her last Fall. I've learned a bit about "low mileage" Northstars since. For instance, they have a propensity to drain every last drop of oil into the pan if left to sit too long between starts. The previous owners drove it only 100 miles in the year prior to me buying it. That means that every time it WAS started, it started out completely dry. :blush: This led to the sad day some 4k later, when towards the end of a beautiful cruise through the scenic mountains of Idaho, a rod came knockin'.

I researched every Northstar builder I could find, and settled on Tim Carroll. No. That's not correct. I didn't settle. I CHOSE! Other than the fact that he talks Texan ;) , I am thrilled with my choice! I'm excited to get back on the road with the top down under Idaho's clear blue skies. So, using a phrase Tim The Texan will understand...Git ta Gittin', son!

Kerry The Idaho Guy

Kerry -- :welcomesmiley: . Sounds like a great example of the Allante. Looking forward to hearing the details of getting it back on the road.

Bruce

• 5 months later...

Wow!  What a ride I've been on.  Carroll promised 2 weeks to build my motor, took my money then fell off the Earth.  Repeated attempts to contact him after the 2 weeks went unanswered.  Then, when he finally did reply he had gone from Jekyll to Hyde.  Rude...abusive....and how it was all my fault.  Since he had my $4200, I had no choice but to play along. I finally got my motor after 4 1/2 months, but it didn't run right.  I finally noticed on a promo photo of it on Carroll Custom Cadillac's own FB site that the exciter for the cam positioning sensor was installed on the wrong side!  It cost me over $900 to have the engine repaired AFTER paying Carroll for a complete rebuild. Again, my emails, voice mails, and texts were ignored until I posted a review on his website. Then he was all a-twitter...he was "going to be paying the entire repair bill"..."it was an honest mistake" (he DOES make mistakes, but he sure as Hell isn't honest)... he would "reimburse me in full once he got the bill"...he was a "man of his word"...how "he had my back"...blah, blah, blah.  When he did get the bill, it was another series of BS about why he couldn't send the money, but he kept asking me that since "his word is good" to take down the bad review on his site. I told him I would edit the review once he made good on his promise to pay me. I gave him 10 days to perform on his word.  And that's when the fun REALLY started.  I have emails from him raving about how I threatened him (I guess asking someone to be good to their word, and paying for their screw ups is threatening in Carroll's small mind).  He even told me that he was sending his brothers to "talk" to me.  He described them as "natural born killers", and said they live closer to me than he does. He also told me that he "gave them my phone number and home address" so I'd better be ready.  I am, Tim.  Very ready. :) I've already received a call from them. 

I will be making a police report tomorrow.

This guy not only does *smurf* work...I think he is insane and I know that he's a con man.  As you can see, his attempts at intimidating me worked very well. Lol! I have all of the emails to back up what I'm writing and am fine with providing them to anyone who wishes to see them, including the site administrators. Since Carroll himself is a member here, I'm sure he'll squall like a mashed cat...but the truth is the truth and I don't want anyone else to be swept in to his clutches. I have since found many people who he screwed even worse than me. I also learned that his pattern of attempted intimidation is his MO. I wish I had found a review like this before I had the misfortune of believing he was a good choice. He is a stain on the Cadillac repair business, and the sooner this individual is ostracized from it, the better. I tried to upload the photo I mentioned, but it won't let me due to size restrictions on this site. I am happy to email it to anyone who wishes to see it.  As you will see, Tim's reflection is in the photo while he took it, so even though he blamed it on an employee, the obvious rookie mistake was right in front of his mug.

This guy represents the stereotypical meaning of the word Texas Grifter. Run...don't walk.

Yes it is all true. Tim Carroll is a fraudster. I can personally tell you that Tim Carroll has stolen nearly $8,000 from me as well as my Eldorado. This is all being covered more fully on the Victims of Tim Carroll & Carroll Custom Cadillac blog: http://victimsoftimcarroll.blogspot.com/

This website needs to stop promoting Carroll and delete all references to him. The list of people that he has out right defrauded and stolen from is growing. This web site does not need to be a part of misleading people about this criminal.

If you've been defrauded by Carroll, the Collin County Sheriff's Office (the Texas County that Carroll is currently operating his scam from) wants you to file an Incident Report to your local sheriff's office and have them forward it to them. Then they will open an investigation.

@Loclboy the easiest way to post a photo is to open a photobucket account, upload the photo there and then link the photo here.  You should be able to edit your post above still and put the photo in your original post.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived