CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My 07 SRX has developed a low RPM issue. Appears to be limited to 4000RPM both on the road and in neutral. When on the road, it maintains speed to about 50-55 MPH. Engine is smooth running except for the low RPM issue. VIN is 1GYEE637X70163777. Currently has 61,200 miles. No noteworthy mainenance required to this point. Oil and filters on schedule. Appreciate some ideas. Thanks.

:welcomesmiley:

Limiting RPM to 4000 is an unusual driveability symptom. It sounds like the switch in the shifter that tells the PCM what gear the car is in has lost lock, and is telling the PCM that the car is always in Park or Neutral. But that's just a first guess; this problem can be caused by bad gas, clogged injectors, clogged air filter, bad cat, ignition problems, etc.

The best way to get specific information is to get the OBD codes and post them here. You can get the OBD codes by pushing the black OnStar button (be stopped, with a pencil and paper ready) and ask the OnStar operator for all the OBD codes. If you don't have active OnStar, you can get the PCM codes from Autozone or other services free for the asking.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived