CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lifter screen filter need help have it apart

Ok I have read around and some say 2007 have the screen filter under the oil pressure sensor (switch).

I currently have the sensor out and see nothing in the hole, I have picked it many times and feel nothing. I only went ahead with this project as GM sold me the part and said it was in my 2007 escalade esv PLEASE HELP!

I have pictures bUT will need to resize them to post.

:welcomesmiley:

Figure the screen at 96 dots/inch and the width you want the photo, say 4 inches, times 96. Or, about 400 pixels wide for a medium-size graphic. Use Photobucket, Photo Shack, or similar hosting service for the resized photos.

The 2007 factory shop manual has this drawing for the oil pressure sensor:

6.2L_Oil_Pressure_Sensor.png

1. Oil Pressure Sensor
2. Washer
3. Valve lifter oil filter
4. Valve lifter oil filter O-ring seal

FSM instructions are to discard the old valve lifter oil filter and O-ring. Installation instructions are:

• Install a NEW valve lifter oil filter O-ring seal (4) into the valve lifter oil manifold.
  • Install the NEW valve lifter oil filter (3).
  • Apply sealant GM P/N 12346004 (Canadian P/N 10953480) or equivalent to the threads of the oil pressure sensor.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

• Install the oil pressure sensor washer (2) and sensor (1).

Tighten the sensor to 35 N·m (26 lb ft).

Apparently you are missing some pieces. Ask the parts man for the valve lifter oil filter and O-ring. Don't forget the tread sealer; you might as well get it from the dealer by part number just to be sure that it's exactly right.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Jim, thanks for the reply!

I do have the filter in hand and sealant for the installation. I have attached a picture from my bore scope. I would assume the filter would be visible, I believe it sits flush with the smaller hole on picture. I will attach another picture looking down the smaller hole in picture 1. It's hard to see as its such a small hole.

post-28969-0-05760200-1456663249_thumb.p

Figured I'd attach a picture of filter. The left hand end has a raised lip I assume it registers against the the top of small hole in picture #1.

So my main question here is do all 2007 6.2 non AFM (active fuel management) engines have this filter? Jim I see you say I'm missing parts in mine but I'm not sure that 2007's had the filter?

post-28969-0-20518100-1456663624_thumb.j

Which engine do you have? I used the 6.2 liter.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

6.2 this year had active fuel management parts but was disabled from the factory in 2007 models, 2008+ had AFM in use and also has these filters. Due to it not being activated in 2007 and other places online saying 2007 did not have the screen leads me to believe it was not installed in 2007 6.2's. Now that I have mine apart I tend to agree that filter was not present in 2007, yet it could have been removed by someone so looking to confirm this.

Archived