CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Deville Spoiler

rockfangd

Hi all. My 97 SLS has a very attractive 3 piece spoiler on the deck lid.

I was curious if the Deville of that era had any spoiler options (excluding the luggage rack)

I know the 2000+ had a few very nice ones but the fins dont come up past the deck lid like the 90s era.

If anyone has any info and pictures I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Looking for options on my 97 D'elegance

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I don't believe that any of the Devilles offered spoilers, but I don't think the ones on the Sevilles and Eldorados were factory, either. The Deville and Seville "sort of" shared a platform, although I'm sure that the trunk sheet metal is different. But there was a regular here with an STS that badged it as a Deville, so I'm sure that the bodies are reasonably similar.

Look for a reputable aftermarket spoiler. If I was going to do that, I would look for one that was actually functional in that it would reduce drag at highway speeds and improve gas mileage, like the factory spoilers.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 1 year later...

Just thought I would update this now that I purchased a replacement trunk lid.

When I send it in for paint I will mention it and see if there is any ideas on where to look.

I honestly have no idea where to look.

Extremely picky so I am sure this wont be easy. Must be tasteful and blend in with the body

GM FAN FOREVER

Do you like the Seville style? You can measure your '97 deck-lid and you can compare. The spoiler on both of my Sevilles and probably yours also, wrap over the edge of the 1/4 panel but I think the earlier ones did not do that, so the earlier models might fit.

I'm pretty sure @Cadillac Jim is correct and they weren't factory anyway. I seen the guys in the dealership custom shop put a lot of spoilers on. 

Could be all wrong but I'm thinking you could probably get one of the 2000 and up ones to work.

https://www.carid.com/universal-spoilers/?vehicle=3246 has some universal fit ones ( scroll way down the page ) that don't look too bad, but they're calling them truck bed spoilers.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

21 hours ago, OldCadTech said:

Do you like the Seville style? You can measure your '97 deck-lid and you can compare. The spoiler on both of my Sevilles and probably yours also, wrap over the edge of the 1/4 panel but I think the earlier ones did not do that, so the earlier models might fit.

I'm pretty sure @Cadillac Jim is correct and they weren't factory anyway. I seen the guys in the dealership custom shop put a lot of spoilers on. 

Could be all wrong but I'm thinking you could probably get one of the 2000 and up ones to work.

https://www.carid.com/universal-spoilers/?vehicle=3246 has some universal fit ones ( scroll way down the page ) that don't look too bad, but they're calling them truck bed spoilers.

Do you have any pictures of the Seville ones?

I have never seen another one with one. at least not my body style, actually see few Sevilles anyway.

I have looked at a few. Checked CarID website.

I actually liked the tonneau cover ones. I dont want a wing or anything huge. It has to blend with the fins on each side.

GM FAN FOREVER

I can post a pic of mine if that will help. I can measure the mounting points too if you like, but I don't have any pics of the older style.

You might contact a couple of custom shops and/or a couple of dealerships in your area and see what kind of resources they might have.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Found these on the 'net..

The one on my Seville is more like the white one. It sits very close to the 1/4 panel.

92Sev.jpg

The others I've seen installed were more like the one on this '95 Eldo

95 Eldo.jpg

95EldoSide.jpg

Here is one place we know of. Don't see any Deville ones on first glance. You may have to dig around some...

https://www.darspoilers.com/collections/cadillac-spoilers

We still get calls about the Eldo third brake lights for these. 

I have checked that site out. Not bad, wish they had one for the Deville. 

I like the newer Deville ones.

here is mine. A 3 piece. Have never seen another one of these

th_1025101310b.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

• 2 weeks later...

I have a spoiler on my 1998 Concours, it is very low profile and looks great in my opinion, it has an led light but hasn't worked since I bought the car back in 2002.   I don't think I have ever seen another one on the road but they were readily available 10 years ago or so (I would think someone still has some of these but they sure don't advertise them anymore), I have seen used ones on ebay but very rarely anymore.    I also have the fender skirts which was pretty rare for 1998.     People would give me a hard time about the spoiler on a Deville but I would say it really helps at about 135 miles in hour LOL..

Good luck.

Please share a pic if you can.

Same thing on my Seville, never seen another.

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived