CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Which subwoofer will fit in the rear deck ? 99` STS

I would like to replace the rear deck subwoofer in my Seville STS. I`ve been checking crutchfield.com and bought a Kenwood head unit to replace with the Bose factory unit. But they don`t list any subwoofers as a fit for this car. Any recommendations ? I`m open to making some modifications to make a fit.

Also, anyone have experience with replacing the door speakers with 6 3/4 replacements ? Crutchfield lists some of them as fitting my car.

T.

I had a 99 STS, from what i remember its a 12" free air subwoofer. Youll need to measure the ohms of the subwoofer and match that as well. I dont think youll find a better one to replace the bose. Its not hard to add a subwoofer and amp using a line level converter, converting the speaker wire to that sub to RCA to send signal to an amplifier. Then you can power a bigger free air subwoofer or use one in a box.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I had a 99 STS, from what i remember its a 12" free air subwoofer. Youll need to measure the ohms of the subwoofer and match that as well. I dont think youll find a better one to replace the bose. Its not hard to add a subwoofer and amp using a line level converter, converting the speaker wire to that sub to RCA to send signal to an amplifier. Then you can power a bigger free air subwoofer or use one in a box.

Hi thanks! I Since I`m replacing the head unit I will have line-out for a subwoofer amp. I figured it had to be a free-air woofer but just feeling uncertain about the size.

If you have the Bose system, the door speakers are acoustic wave woofer active speakers, which you will not be able to match with aftermarket speakers, much less improve upon. If you do replace them you should consider active speakers, if you can find them aftermarket, because using ordinary speakers to replace Bose door speakers is a massive headache.

If you do replace the door speakers, note that the wires to the Bose door speakers include power and ground (for the audio amplifier packaged with each speaker) and a shielded twisted pair that carries the audio signal. There audio signal is not an amplified signal ready to connect with a speaker; you will need to add an audio amplifier unless you buy active speakers.

The shielded twisted pair used to carry the audio signal is designed to carry the signal without picking up hum or noise but will not carry power to the speakers. Unless you get active speakers, you will need to run new speaker wires from wherever you decide to put the audio amplifier.

The speakers other than the door speakers are another matter, and can probably be replaced with other ordinary speakers.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived