CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

This morning I wanted to do a quick detail of the XLR before the sun came over the house, so I could get it clean while it was in the shade. I grabbed the spray detailer and went over the back of the Cadillac first, working back to front against the travel of the sun.

Microfiber towels dry and clean in one easy step, and I buy them by the bundle at Sam's for this purpose. After a quick stray-detail of the XLR I was trying to decide whether to grab the wheel cleaner and go over the wheels or if I was done. At that point I realized that instead of the wax spray detailer, I had used the glass cleaner to clean the XLR. Big oops. Glass cleaner is great for glass and will clean well enough but could also harm the clear coat, and possibly remove any wax on the car.

I went back over the whole car with the correct wax spray detailer, then gave in and took it over to the automatic car wash for a complete wash and wax to make sure I got all of the glass cleaner cleaned off, and a new coating of wax on. Sometimes saving time doesn't.

post-3-0-66426700-1443897810_thumb.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bright side is could have been something worse than glass cleaner. Glad it all worked out for you and that beautiful car.

• 2 weeks later...

I use brake fluid when I want that ultimate clean.

Actually, though, thanks to someone's recommendation here (might have been yours, Bruce), I've started hauling a bottle of spray detailer and microfiber cloths in my trunk. Yep, that was me cleaning all the bird crap off in the theater parking lot before the movie....

Ok ok. I'll tell the truth. Its been a long process of more failure than success. But after years and years of hard training I've finally trained a flock of pigeons to fly over parking lots and target clean and shiny cars to crap on.

African or European?

I always felt my GREEN Cadillac got more bird poop, subscribing to the theory that hey are AIMING for green areas at least.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Lol.

My 96 Deville had bird crap camo, they never used that one.

My nice seville they love. It must be extra points for them

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 6 years later...