CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

It never seems to end for me. I got the new struts on the front installed. Now the drivers rear suspension is low.

The compressor runs fine and keeps the right rear up. I disconnected the level sensor arm and as I move it the compressor runs or dumps air depending on which way I move it. Tried searching but only came up with post for both sides acting up, normally being a compressor. Would a leak in the line cause this or would it only be the shock? Tomorrow I'll be looking into it just looking for a few thoughts on where to look.

Thanks.

Welcome.

Do you have RSS or air ride.

Air ride has one leveling valve in the rear for both sides, RSS has one for each side.

you may have a bad drier (clogged ports) and it may not be supplying air to the left rear. I know alot about the 90s era so I may lack some on the 02, but they didnt change that much.

Pull trouble codes from the on board system also as it may help

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Welcome.

Do you have RSS or air ride.

Air ride has one leveling valve in the rear for both sides, RSS has one for each side.

you may have a bad drier (clogged ports) and it may not be supplying air to the left rear. I know alot about the 90s era so I may lack some on the 02, but they didnt change that much.

Pull trouble codes from the on board system also as it may help

Its a DTS so it has RSS. But I thought all the 2000-2005 devilles just have rear air leveling suspension no matter what the front has.but I am not too familiar with them also. I checked for codes both with a scan tool and through the dash. No RSS codes.

Tomorrow I'll pull the air line to the shock and manipulate the level sensor and see if air flows to that side. Other than that I'm not positive on how to check for a leak in the line. With the line disconnected even if air flows there could be a leak but since no restriction to build pressure air would come out the biggest hole. Which would be the unplugged line. Here goes guessin .

Archived