CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Moving to Ireland, Taking STS-V... Part Numbers?

Luke

As the title says, we will be moving to Ireland in the future. Although the steering wheel is on the wrong side, we plan to take our 2009 STS-V with us.

I have sorted out tail lights already. I have been unable to find any parts numbers for other parts specific to STS's that were exported to UK/European markets. Does anyone know a part number for a front license plate bracket or where to find one?

From what I can tell, UK cars had a piece between the exhaust outlets with the rear fog lights, where the rear grille is on the STS-V. I think I will put some lights behind the rear grille to act as rear fog lights.

Anyone know of any other parts that will need to be changed in order to be approved for registration in Ireland? Regulations would be the same as the UK.

The STS-V obviously will not be my daily driver as it isn't now. I plan to buy a 2009-2010 Cadillac BLS Turbo Diesel. I wish they would make the ATS in right hand drive! Any idea if Cadillac plans to do so?

I would contact the Irish entity that you are going to be working with for a POC for information on importing your personal car. Note the the wiring harness differs in some export markets to support additional running lights and such that may or may not be a problem for importing your existing 2009 car. I think that there is a good chance that you can import it as-is, with any problem coming up if you try to sell it there.

As far as parts you will need, you might look at a dealer in California, Texas, or other state that requires front license plates (most do).

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Front license bracket for 2009 STS-V part number 25729323, $23.38 plus tax & shipping, from GM Parts Direct.  They offer checking of part number to your VIN on checkout.  Link:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/cadillac/sts/25729323/2009-year/v-trim/4-4l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat/?part_name=license-bracket

You may want the genuine GM screws for holding it to the bumper, part number 9423101, $1.08 plus tax & shipping, two required:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/cadillac/sts/9423101/2009-year/v-trim/4-4l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat/?part_name=license-bracket-screw

Looking at the 2009 FSM, here are some RPO codes that may be helpful (no word on which are specific to Ireland or Europe):

RPO BAG Parts Package, Export
RPO EXP Export
RPO T2J Interior, Export Unique Requirements (AOS Display)
RPO T65 Lamp System - Daytime Running, Export
RPO T79 Lamp - Fog Rear
RPO T84 Headlmaps - Right Hand Rule of the Road, E Mark
RPO T90 Lamp Signaling & Marker, Export
RPO UA2 Theft Deterent System - Export Specific
RPO VJ2 Label, Export - Headlamp Adjust
RPO VK3 License Plate Front - Front Mounting Package

You might ask a GM Parts counter about the kit for RPO VK3 because that is probably a standard collision item and they may be able to get the front license plate bracket with the screws.  Ask for the screws to hold on the license plate, too; those aren't available through GM Parts Direct.

Here is the schematic for export rear fog lights (except North America):

Posted Image

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks for the replies. This will be an interesting project since they never actually exported STS-V's except a few to the Middle East.

Bruce, I have actually found a source for the rear fog lamps for $300 for the pair. I'll be ordering them shortly.

Jim, the license plate bracket you found is the standard US one. I am looking for the longer EU/UK license plate bracket. Funny thing is that Gmpartsdirect can seem to order any part if you have a part number but only has diagrams for US parts. I came up with a part number for the bracket for the Chinese market and punched it in and it came right up with a price, no problem. If only I could find a part number for the EU bracket, I could order one. Local Cadillac dealer was no help at all.

I emailed Gmpartsdirect and the part number for the export license bracket was very close to the US bracket. 25729325. It cost only $13.16 but $15.27 for UPS ground shipping. They said it comes with the screws to attach it to the bumper.

I suppose I should invest in some wheel locks as wheels seem to be a hot commodity in Europe. I once saw a Range Rover on cinder blocks in a nice neighborhood in broad daylight in London after the wheels had been stolen. I won't likely drive to London but I'll maybe drive to England once in a while. And I definitely plan to drive it to Germany sometime and test it out on the autobahn! It won't get much for high speed workouts in Ireland.

Anyway, after it has the more European look, I'll post some photos.

Archived