CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Can a Fuel Additive give you Better Fuel Economy? (with PROOF)

I agree with Chris, depending on the cleanliness of the engine before adding the solution, that would have the most effect on results. Looking at the data, and the standard deviation, my conclusion is that results are a wash and within normal distribution (no tangible gain). And as Chris says, results will vary.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I think your analysis is correct -- I suppose what was missing from the test was a placebo group. The amazing part of the test was that Chris got so many people to record at all!! but to use a placebo group you might send 8 oz of unleaded gas in an unmarked jar to a random group, and this product in the same type jar to another random group. That way you can compare the results from the 8 oz of gas to the results from the additive?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I do like the idea of "crowd-sourcing" tests but it gives new issues of how to ensure consistency. How would you solve those?

Bruce

I would recommend using the standard deviation / throwing out values outside 95% confidence. That 11 mpg increase was an obvious error which skewed the results.

That would be a reasonable quantitative way to prevent outliers from effecting the result.

Bruce

Archived