Title

oil change

Crest consult on Traction/Stabilitrak

General clean-up and polish

Enjoy driving

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Still no traction/stabilitrak light this morning. I gave Crest the tsb that ties the traction light to adjusting the telescoping steering wheel. So we'll see what they think.

Asked them to do inspection, Mobil1 Oil change and transmission fluid refresh since used car purchase, and air filters. Some users report good results w the volante intake but just want clean for now. Next is back to title office with inspection and insurance.

Having a lot of fun driving the XLR top up or down. Nice contrasts getting out of XLR and in my STS-V this morning.

Saw a pretty red V Wagon ahead of me in line at Crest so we ended up trading compliments.

Bruce

Crest reports they showed 5 codes, reset the DTCs, did test drive, and a hard fail of EBCM popped up.

New EBCM coming overnight, and they will do clip fix on wire harness from tsb.

Meanwhile oil change, state inspection, air filters, throttle body service, transmission service to get the XLR in top form.

i have to be in California Thurs/Fri so will need to wait til Sat to pick up again.

1101116Y03-021.JPG

Cadillac engineered a dual cold-air, water resistant intake system for XLR, but dyno results suggest the D3 or Volant open cones out-perform; go figure.

Bruce

CONGRATS!!!

How about a coolant drain and refill? Also you might want to consider a brake fluid drain and refill.

I agree; added to my list for next maintenance on the 'change all fluids' rule which I like. I don't think I'll want the XLR away from home for a bit though, so need to space maintenance out next time.

Bruce

Crest received the new EBCM but it won't program. A new new EBCM due Sat. They plan to save the first broken one so I can send it to myairbags.com to see how that works & have one on shelf.

Bruce

The new EBCM now due Tuesday (not Saturday). XLR is in the shop on standby to see if new EBCM programs correctly.

Bruce

The XLR EBCM is refreshed, along with Oil, Coolant, Transmission fluid, Inspection. The XLR is home again safely in its new garage spot and ready for an evening drive.

IMG_2548.JPG

Once the new new EBCM came in it programmed just fine, and Crest got it all wrapped up. Now I can get it over to see about title and registration, and get to know the XLR better.

IMG_2546.JPG

I did see a second XLR at Crest while I was there in a different Blue --

IMG_2538.JPG

Bruce

Man that's a big ol trunk lol. It's looking good. I like your blue better than the other one. I see the top down, did you get a cooler day like we did today? only 85-90 here today and I had mine out :)

Yes, in the 90s here (down from 103+) but I am excited to get it home so I had to get it out and around regardless. A/C plus cooled seats kept me comfortable even on a hot afternoon.

I was just looking at bluetooth options lol -- my STS-V 'only' has phone-bluetooth (not music streaming) and a stereo plug input, but that's ahead of the 2007 XLR which doesn't appear to have any bluetooth or stereo input.

Bruce

Ok, title & registration set, taxes paid, new tags on. Have to decide on a front plate solution - tbd.

Bruce

Cadillac Marketing called it Xenon Blue, engineering called it Lemans Blue, and PPG called it Topaz Blue. I agree Opulent Blue would have been a good color name for it.

Bruce

Beautiful Caddy. The XLR (&V) are my next favorite model after the '92-'02 Eldo. Have you conditioned the leathers yet? In this heat, I'd recommend Leatherique. Prestine Clean or Detailer's Pro all the gaskets and rubber. It doesn't look like it'll be too terribly hard to keep clean.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived