CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi all, my Deville 03 has developed a screeching sound at startup that would last less than a minute. This has been going on for 4 months, but the shops I've asked could not figure what caused it. I found the exact noise another person posted in youtube.

Hope some of you can help me.

Thanks.

That video may have been posted here before.

The pitch...rpm...sound...whine..and the fact it turns off after about a minute screams secondary air pump to me.

The air pump is well hidden inside the drivers side lower front fender cavity area.

Yes, definately the secondary air injection pump. Dead give away is the electric pump powering down an the end of the video. If your car makes this noise on cold starts, and you hear the motor powering down after a minute, then thats your issue too. A bargain oem might be found on ebay or a dorman might work too that is if you want to fix it.

Most probable cause is water intrusion into the motor armiture and bearings. In really cold weather, the motor might freeze and throw a p0410 code which might make you fail inspection if your state has one. It will not affect drivability or leave you stranded.

• 2 months later...

I just want to update you all that the sound problem in my car had been fixed. You are right on, I had them replaced the secondary air injection pump and the problem is fixed.

Thank you all very much for your help. Now my new problem is I need to buy Right Rear Shock because I was told it is leacking. Any suggestion out there of where I can buy that isn't too expensive? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

The only aftermarket shocks I'd buy are the Monroe MA822. It's a kit with both left and right shocks. They are direct replacement. The fittings are same as the factory lines, so nothing to change. At auto parts store the kit is about $65. Not to endorse but O'Reilly and advanced auto sell it. The auto zone kit you have to change airline fittings

Archived