CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

XLR shopping

I generally I am watching for a 2007-2009 XLR fairly local preferrably not silver. I did make an offer on an ebay example locally but we are too far apart

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-XLR-Base-Convertible-2-Door-/111718099484

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

One of those odd ads without enough details but nice looking 09

00D0D_3rtqjXFUzbS_600x450.jpg

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5125076841.html

Bruce

Nice walkaround video of an XLR at Gateway

For sale at Gateway Classic Cars in our St. Louis showroom is a 2006 Cadillac XLR. The XLR was going to be the sports car that Cadillac always wanted. Based on the Corvette and also built in Bolwing Green but came with a $30,000 premium over the Corvette.. To help separate itself from the Corvette, the XLR used Cadillac's Northstar engine that produced 320 horsepower and cylinder deactivation to assist with fuel economy. The XLR also featured an aluminum retractable hardtop and a five speed automatic transmission. The XLR debuted in 2003 as a 2004 model and ran until 2009 selling only 15,460 units and just 3,203 in 2006. As you would expect with any Cadillac, it was loaded with equipment. All of the usual equipment like power seats, power windows, cruise control and leather. The car also came with heated seats, traction control, GPS navigation, a power retractable hardtop that operates with the touch of a button and easy open doors with a simple button replacing the usual handle for a clean appearance. This XLR is painted in Light Platinum with Ebony leather interior. Since 2006 it covered a very modest 52,653 miles, less than 6,000 miles per year! If you're ready for performance and comfort, look no further as the XLR has it all! To view HD photos and video, visit www.gatewayclassiccars.com For more information on this beautiful Cadillac, call 618-271-3000 or stop by our St. Louis showroom.

Want to connect with us? Here’s how:

(Actually, the XLR does not have cylinder deactivation)

Bruce

Oddly no response from that dealer; clearly not in a hurry to sell.

Cadillac may release an ATS convertible finally in 2017 - Comparing an XLR to a to be released ATS-C in the back of my mind. Which would you prefer?

Bruce

Oddly no response from that dealer; clearly not in a hurry to sell.

Cadillac may release an ATS convertible finally in 2017 - Comparing an XLR to a to be released ATS-C in the back of my mind. Which would you prefer?

Not knowing if the ats-c is a soft top or a hardtop convertible makes a major difference. I have had a couple soft tops and they are nowhere near as quiet as a hardtop. I am sure they are all watertight when new, but doubt the soft top holds up as well in that department. So buying new, and how long you would keep one would matter a lot. New soft top isn't going to be as quiet.

A 2006 XLR-V popped up off auction at Stadium Auto in Arlington with 32K miles, Silver/Gray. I chatted with them to make sure they were ready to show it today, and started on the 45 min drive to Arlington. Got within 9 miles of their site when they called back to say they had already sold the car so never mind.

Bruce

We moved my Son's 1930 Austin Seven over to his garage so I have an open spot for an incoming XLR / XLR-V.

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

A new local example showed up http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d833&radius=50&zip=75023&sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&startYear=2006&endYear=2006#listing=119746284

but there are some curious things about the listing. It was on ebay from individual owner asking $46K in June, and now local small used car lot has it on sale for $21K. 2006 XLR-V Black/Black no mods, 13K miles. I sent a query, and I'll run down and look at that one if they are ready to show it.

Hoping to get new pics from Kansas, and possibly headed there next Friday.

Bruce

The $21K 2007 that popped up locally disappeared soon after. Similarly a 2008 that popped up on cargurus for $25k in NC - a lemon law buyback apparently - disappeared once I inquired about it. Overall a lot more odd postings the closer you look I guess.

Bruce

I saw a really strange ad, 2 actually. One in Toledo WA for $9,000 , and one in Lafferty Oh for $23...I am positive it is the same car. 13,612 miles on both. Someone trying to drive the price down with fake ads? making the average price look lower? Either one would be an extreme bargain. Both v models

Certainly there are going to be some typos, or situations where opening price at auction is quoted as for sale price. Part of the issue is the blossoming of forsale car sites that meta-index other sites. Unlikely any seller is going to actually SELL a vehicle significantly below market. The cargurus site does highlight if they suspect a price is wrong.

Bruce

No updates from Kansas today, so no word on how the XLR-V buffing went or pics of the nose or interior. This puts my Friday roadtrip plans into question, but we'll see.

Bruce

Hmm new update from Kansas: they took a deposit on the XLR-V from another buyer (so it is sold) but buyer has not scheduled to pick up yet (?) so it is ok for me to plan to come look at it Friday. i guess my expectation would be if dealer accepts a deposit on car it is optioned for purchase (sold), but I suppose only for a set time - you are expected to close deal within some short period.

Update: I sent an offer, so we'll see.

Bruce

Update: they are going to check and see if they sold the car yet, and send pics of seats and hood after last Monday's buff. This is an odd slow motion conversation. i either do or don't need a plane ticket for Friday.

Bruce

Local car lot confirmed that although they are still advertising a 2006 XLR-V for sale and sending robot emails to see if I want more info, they don't actually have one for sale. They don't seem to understand why that is confusing.

Bruce

Bruce

Reached agreement to buy the blue 2007 XLR. Waiting for a bank check from USAA Tue or so. Pics up on google+ alsopost-3-0-22288200-1438452897_thumb.jpg

Bruce

Archived