CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Nurburgring Speed Limit Ends Lap Record Runs

The new owner of Nurburgring, the Russian pharmaceutical firm mogul Viktor Kharitonin, has instituted safety measures that include speed limits and prohibition of runs for official lap times. News article:

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/06/nurburgring-ceo-officially-confirms.html

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

That sure sounds like an over-reaction (closing the track to record runs); the accident happened during a race where spectators might attend. Record runs could easily be run by manufacturers who rent the track (and can control access to spectators in any case). The article did say that the restriction may be reviewed and rescinded.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

We can only wonder why a Russian pharmaceutical mogul would want to buy Nurmburgring. The whole thing smacks of litigation-driven overreaction. I would hope that ownership soon will move to someone that sees Nurmburgring as a huge and continuing part of automotive history.

When a problem is found, all too often the "solution" is to ban something.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived