CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need Obsolete Interior Part - Sources???

coolnesss

I need an "outer seat panel", which is the plastic panel that you see when you open the driver's door; it hugs the side of the lower seat and wraps around the front. It's the panel that the switches are mounted on.

GM Part Number 16803407

Mine broke.

It's obsolete, and none of the parts places I've checked online seems to have it.

Does anyone know of a parts house that has "recent" NOS parts?

I want to avoid a junkyard because it's a part subject to wear, and I'd rather have a new one.

Then I'll have to lose some weight so I don't break the new one too.

Thanks!

GMPartsOnline.net says that they have it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Mine developed some stress fractures. I took it off, and performed reinforcement surgery. I heated some thin rigid zigzag metal rods, and dropped it inside the trim, it melted into the plastic, then i performed some plastic melting, followed by some sanding, and more melting to put the finish back on top. It is better than new, and the repair has been tested for ~10 years. I think i used epoxy to reinforce the area where the screw holds it on.

I always reinforce them, Or if it is already broke I find a decent one and reinforce it. they always break around the screw hole toward the center

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I didn't either, at least not lately. I always used Rock Auto or GM Parts Direct. But, they didn't have it. So I did a dogpile web search on the part number and tried each hit until someone actually had it. The Man Behind the Curtain is actually a web search engine.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived