CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Removing wood grain trim panels from door and dash

Good Early Morning,

Firstly allow me to apologize if this has been answered already Im not even sure what to search for or if I correctly identified the part im trying to remove on my Concours. but its the simulated wood grain panel trim im trying to remove from each door panel and the dash itself.

Do they just pry off? I DO NOT wish to break them because im finding it hard to find interior replacement parts such has the door reflectors.

any comments, instructions or suggestions would be welcome.

Good Early Morning,

Firstly allow me to apologize if this has been answered already Im not even sure what to search for or if I correctly identified the part im trying to remove on my Concours. but its the simulated wood grain panel trim im trying to remove from each door panel and the dash itself.

Do they just pry off? I DO NOT wish to break them because im finding it hard to find interior replacement parts such has the door reflectors.

any comments, instructions or suggestions would be welcome.

And Good Early Morning to you as well. :) Hopefully the information from this site ( http://www.carid.com/wood-dash-kits.html?gclid=CJ-pne2__LYCFcJw4AodyU4AFA ) will be helpful to you. Be advised the panel trim on your Cadillac is actually real wood, not simulated. It is a very thin veneer precision cut for shape and thickness and is of course a luxurious appointment for your car's interior. Here is an Amazon listing for a Cadillac interior trim kit... http://www.amazon.com/Sherwood-Factory-Matched-Pommele-2D-4743/dp/B00DNS25EK Perhaps a "Google" search for interior trim packages for you particular vehicle will yield some postive results. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ron

Why do you want to remove the wood trim or are you talking about removing the whole door panel?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

A very few special editions came out with....no wood.

This one is a 2002 Aztec red collector's edition Eldorado.

post-2-0-57395500-1424987761_thumb.jpg

Archived