CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What year is your Cadillac

Marika

What year is your Cadillac?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. What year is your Cadillac?

• 1993 or earlier
    • 2002 or later

95 Eldorado Biarritz...I swear you can ALWAYS pick out a 95' Eldo. I know the 92,93,94 body styles changed, but from 95' on there nearly all the same. However the 95's are just a slight bit different from the rest. I have spent many hours looking at my car, and I swear the 95's are slightly different than the 96+ Eldorado's.

A.J.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hallo cadillac_caddy_sts,

yes, sometime is a blue sign with an recommend speed from 130 km/h.

Now, it´s the speed where you can drive economic.

Also you can drive any speed you want.

And sometime is no sign at the highway (Autobahn) and then you can also drive any speed.

Now, I´m searching the blue sign or make a picture for you...

Thank´s

Frank

Thats very interesting I can't beilieve that, it would seem so weird!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Hallo cadillac_caddy_sts,

yes, sometime is a blue sign with an recommend speed from 130 km/h.

Now, it´s the speed where you can drive economic.

Also you can drive any speed you want.

And sometime is no sign at the highway (Autobahn) and then you can also drive any speed.

Now, I´m searching the blue sign or make a picture for you...

Thank´s

Frank

Thats very interesting I can't beilieve that, it would seem so weird!

Hello,

I want to make a picture from these blue sign.

Now, it´s not easy to make a picture on the Autobahn...

Frank

130kph? that's about 81mph. Not bad for a "speed limit"...LOL!! :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

130kph? that's about 81mph. Not bad for a "speed limit"...LOL!! :lol:

Hello Marika,

130 km/h is NOT a "speed limit", it´s the speed where you can drive economy.

Now, you can drive ANY speed at this Autobahn.

• 3 weeks later...

My last two Cadillacs have been 1995's.. A white diamond ETC and my mediam marblehead metallic Fleetwood Brougham.. Yes, two VERY different cars!

Sal Collaziano

Cadillac Magazine

130kph?  that's about 81mph.  Not bad for a "speed limit"...LOL!!  :lol:

Hello Marika,

130 km/h is NOT a "speed limit", it´s the speed where you can drive economy.

Now, you can drive ANY speed at this Autobahn.

Indeed!!! LOL!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought there weren't any speed limits on any of the roads! Is it only the autobahn that theres no limit? :huh:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't have alot of tips to give you guys. I do let it warm up to the 100°F before taking off (the blower will turn on that that point during the winter). I have changed the oil every 3,000 and use a generic high mileage oil...yes guys, I use a store brand of oil but believe that it is made my penzoil or some reputable company. I change the tranny fluid and filter every 30,000. I have not driven it too hard but do get in it from time to time. She still takes off like new and will burn tires(until the traction control kicks in). I will try to take pics of it soon and post it on the web. Oh, and btw...it has gone over 325,000 now.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I have a 2000, cadillac, deville, with 35,000 miles on it..the engine is worn out and it is now in the garage getting a new engine put in it....a new engine cost $8,620.000...dont you think this car is indeed a LEMON....

I have a 2000, cadillac, deville, with 35,000 miles on it..the engine is worn out and it is now in the garage getting a new engine put in it....a new engine cost $8,620.000...dont you think this car is indeed a LEMON....

Pat, here's just a short excerpt from the "Lemon Law" statute. I'm not sure you understand it's meaning. I posted it because it's a term you seem to use very freely. Perhaps a better understanding of it is in order:

§ 1793.22. Reasonable number of attempts to conform vehicle to warranties; Dispute resolution process; Transfer of vehicle

This section shall be known and may be cited as the Tanner Consumer Protection Act.

It shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been made to conform a new motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if, within 18 months from delivery to the buyer or 18,000 miles on the odometer of the vehicle, whichever occurs first, one or more of the following occurs:

The same nonconformity results in a condition that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven and the nonconformity has been subject to repair two or more times by the manufacturer or its agents, and the buyer or lessee has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the nonconformity.

The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents and the buyer has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the nonconformity.

The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of nonconformities by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 calendar days since delivery of the vehicle to the buyer. The 30-day limit shall be extended only if repairs cannot be performed due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agents. The buyer shall be required to directly notify the manufacturer pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) only if the manufacturer has clearly and conspicuously disclosed to the buyer, with the warranty or the owner's manual, the provisions of this section and that of subdivision (d) of Section 1793.2, including the requirement that the buyer must notify the manufacturer directly pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2). The notification, if required, shall be sent to the address, if any, specified clearly and conspicuously by the manufacturer in the warranty or owner's manual. This presumption shall be a rebuttable presumption affecting the burden of proof, and it may be asserted by the buyer in any civil action, including an action in small claims court, or other formal or informal proceeding.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

It would have been nice to the see the break up by years of older caddies out there instead. 93 or earlier could be a little vague but I guess the line had to be drawn somewhere.

Anyway 90 Deville here with 188,000 *1.6 = 300,800 kms

It would have been nice to the see the break up by years of older caddies out there instead. 93 or earlier could be a little vague but I guess the line had to be drawn somewhere.

Anyway 90 Deville here with 188,000 *1.6 = 300,800 kms

I agree but the survey only allows for 10 options so I had to lump 93 or earlier together into one of those options.

Had I figured out in advance that most of the cars on this forum would be 94 or later I would have reversed the options starting with about 90 and lumped the newer models into one catagory. Given the fact that the Northstar didn't appear until 93 I guessed that pre-Northstar owners would be far and few between. I have a 92 so perhaps my vote was one of the few votes in the 93 or earlier catagory and the rest of the votes actually represent 93's which would tell me that there are a lot of early Northstars out there, still on the road and running.

Those folks who picked "93 or earlier" should post a comment indicating what the exact year of their vehicle is.

• 10 months later...

I just made the decision to keep my 1996 El Dorado ETC as my winter daily driver. It's getting the A/C compressor and related bits replaced along with a new alternator. At just 116,000 miles it's got a lot of life left in it -it's a long way to 325,000!

Recently, I looked at newer CTS/STS/DHS/DTS, etc. and didn't see anything that really grabbed me. At least in the sub-$30,000 price range I have. I found a nice XK8 but the miles were too high for the price.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

• 1 month later...

95 SLS here...Original everything!!! 321,000 Miles on it. Suspension never gave a service message until 318,000 Miles.

Why does it say "RIP" beside your '95 SLS? I hope it didn't die shortly after you posted your message about having 321,000 miles on it.

It would be more interesting to see a poll of how high the mileage is on members' cars, instead of the year. Wonder what the highest mileage is for an original engine, etc.??

"My worst day riding, is better than my best day working."

• 2 weeks later...

95 SLS here...Original everything!!! 321,000 Miles on it. Suspension never gave a service message until 318,000 Miles.

Why does it say "RIP" beside your '95 SLS? I hope it didn't die shortly after you posted your message about having 321,000 miles on it.

It would be more interesting to see a poll of how high the mileage is on members' cars, instead of the year. Wonder what the highest mileage is for an original engine, etc.??

Ask and ye shall receive....

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=606&hl=poll

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have had a '92 Sedan Deville for for over 2 years. Bought it w/55K miles. Only thing I have had to replace was tires. So far it is the best car I have ever owned! Hope my luck holds.

• 3 months later...

does it have to be on the road ??? and if not ...

1959 sedan deville ... love those fins and bullet tail lights and i never could seem to stand to part with it ...

1967 coupe deville ... love those over and under head lights and i never could stand seem to part with it ...

and, i now, am driving a 1996 concourse ... love that N* motor and am in no hurry to part with it ...

i have many old collectible cars, that i never could seem to part with such as ...

1960 chevy 4 door ... love those fins ...

triumphs... tr.6's and spitfires, a couple of each ...

1969 XKE roadster jag. ...

1980 alfa romaro alfetta gt ...

1974 volkswagen thing ...

pontiac firebirds, 1967 3.8 sprint eng., 1968 formula 400 and 1969 4.1 sprint eng. ...

the 69 bird is probably what i would call the best looking designed car that i have ever owned/own ... if i rebuilt it put my 400 hood on it and one of my chevy 400's in it (trans. too and it will bolt right up because it is the same frame as a camaro) i would maybe have my dream car ...

and, what the kids seem to want the most ??? is a 1973 chevy caprice classic, 400 small block with a turbo 400 trans. ... that car, is the heaviest chevy ever made(i've read), remember the motto heavy chevy ??? it has 65,000 org. miles and the kids don't seem to care about the drive train, they just want a gangster mobile like some of the one they see on the music videos ...

i love the 400 chevy motors with the 4 bolt mains, you can build a heck of a motor out of them ...

although, i think that i like the N* motor better... i had to hide the caprice because i got tired of people begging to buy it ... and when i was driving it, i use to call it, a cadillac in sheep's clothing,

because it was heavy and drove so well ...

i still have not rule out taking my 69 jags. frame and a 400 motor and building a shelby gt kit car ...

OK, i love cars, and i like dreaming about them, maybe more, than i like driving them ...

Lane

Archived