CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What year is your Cadillac

Marika

What year is your Cadillac?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. What year is your Cadillac?

• 1993 or earlier
    • 2002 or later

Pick the year of your Caddy. You can add comments.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two 93 STS's. One dark blue and one white w/pearl.

Aside from replacing the head gaskets on them both they have been very good cars, with normal maintenance issues. I repair/maintain them as necessary.

Love the clean crisp lines of the early STS models.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I have the '01 STS. I bought the '01 STS because of the engine update in 2000. I get many compliments on my black on black, fully chromed oem sts wheels with the wood kit and also window tint STS.

Once when I was running an errand for my wife. I was coming out of the local hospital garage. I drove up to the cashier (a young woman) to pay for my parking privliage, as she was asking me about the car and complimenting me on it I noticed that she still had the gate arm down still after I had given her the money. I can see that she wasn't going to let me leave until she was finished with her inquires. I have plenty of stories like this.

I also have he '88 Sedan Deville that I will be finishing the restoration in 2005. I have about $3000k to go max.

Peace

ByStorm

I have a 94 I love the car not one complaint so far. But I do have a question are headgaskets a common thing to go on the Northstar engine? I hear alot of people have problems with them is this true?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

321 000 miles thats alot did you buy the car new or used? I have a 94 STS and it only has 104 000 miles. You must do alot of driving in that car to put 321 000 miles on it thats awsome

user posted image

I am guessing alot of those miles are highway! Just wondering how many hours of a 24 hr day are you in your car? That is so cool 321,000!! What is that in Km's? I have 149,000 miles on my 93 STS and I thought that was alot.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I live in the east and I would love to take my STS to California some day it would be great... These cars are great for long trips but the longest distince I have trveled at one time is 45 min. Maybe some day I'll go cross country in it.

user posted image

'97 STS. I specifically wanted a '97 because I likes the way they looked more so than the '98 and later, plus I thought it would be the most refined of that body style and be more likely to have most of the bugs worked out of that particular design. I have not been disappointed. A few minor maintenance issues here and there. I really dig this machine!

321,000 miles!!! It is more than a 50 oil changes, and the distance to the moon. How did you drive it? Fast, slow, warmed up the engine after a cold start? Give us some tips.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

I am guessing alot of those miles are highway! Just wondering how many hours of a 24 hr day are you in your car? That is so cool 321,000!! What is that in Km's? I have 149,000 miles on my 93 STS and I thought that was alot.

321,000 miles = 516,599.424 Kilometers

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hey you live in Germany thats awsome I want to go to Germany some day and go on that big highway with no speedlimit driving like a Lamborgini or something with a high top speed like that. I bet you have one of the very few Cadillacs in Germany don't you?

user posted image

Hey you live in Germany thats awsome I want to go to Germany some day and go on that big highway with no speedlimit driving like a Lamborgini or something with a high top speed like that. I bet you have one of the very few Cadillacs in Germany don't you?

I believe now, the autobahn does have speed limits in certain areas such as those areas where the "bahn" travels through towns. I also understand that towns and cities have speed limits as well but since Germany has probably the lowest car accident rate in the world (with Turkey and Poland having the highest car accident rates: Data from Department of the State), I think it's still a great place to drive if you want to "open her up" on a nice road.

94' STS ~70K miles. So far so good. I bought the car in 98 with 47,515 miles.

Just changed the PCM in 2004 and the battery in 2003. That's all!!! Sure I changed air filter (I guess just once) and front brake pads once and oil (regularly). Don't remember changing anything else. No oil eating. Of course I'm keep getting "Service Ride Control" messages (but who's not?). All and all - an excellent car and experience.

Hey you live in Germany thats awsome I want to go to Germany some day and go on that big highway with no speedlimit driving like a Lamborgini or something with a high top speed like that.  I bet you have one of the very few Cadillacs in Germany don't you?

I believe now, the autobahn does have speed limits in certain areas such as those areas where the "bahn" travels through towns. I also understand that towns and cities have speed limits as well but since Germany has probably the lowest car accident rate in the world (with Turkey and Poland having the highest car accident rates: Data from Department of the State), I think it's still a great place to drive if you want to "open her up" on a nice road.

Hello Marika,

here in germany, we can drive 50 km/h (31 mls/h) in the town and 100 km/h (63 mls/h) at the normal road (outside a town) and now 120 km/h (75 mls/h) in some areas at the highway (Autobahn) the other highway areas we can drive without any speedlimit.

I´m 38 years old and I´m driving since my 18th birthday...

I have many problems in other countrys because I´m driving to fast.

Now, these is the force of habit.

Hey Cadillac_Caddy_STS,

you want to go to germany ?

In what town ?

In the holyday ?

Please drive careful, because it´s heavy to drive in germany without any experience with fast cars in the traffic (without a speed limit).

The best example are the "east german people" with there cool Trabant´s (with 30 PS) beginning the 90´s at the brick-fall in berlin. Any Trabant´s are wreckage...

With best wishes from germany

Frank

:D i love my 97 deville because it is so spacious on the inside. it has the most interior space of all the caddys since the bargelike rear drivers. i make several road trips a year in it and i have two kids under 12 and there is nothing worse on a road trip than uncomfortable children!

Hey you live in Germany thats awsome I want to go to Germany some day and go on that big highway with no speedlimit driving like a Lamborgini or something with a high top speed like that.  I bet you have one of the very few Cadillacs in Germany don't you?

Hello Marika,

here in germany, we can drive 50 km/h (31 mls/h) in the town and 100 km/h (63 mls/h) at the normal road (outside a town) and now 120 km/h (75 mls/h) in some areas at the highway (Autobahn) the other highway areas we can drive without any speedlimit.

I´m 38 years old and I´m driving since my 18th birthday...

I have many problems in other countrys because I´m driving to fast.

Now, these is the force of habit.

Hey Cadillac_Caddy_STS,

you want to go to germany ?

In what town ?

In the holyday ?

Please drive careful, because it´s heavy to drive in germany without any experience with fast cars in the traffic (without a speed limit).

The best example are the "east german people" with there cool Trabant´s (with 30 PS) beginning the 90´s at the brick-fall in berlin. Any Trabant´s are wreckage...

With best wishes from germany

Frank

How do you know theres no speed limit id there like a sign that says no limit or something? That would be funny to see HA HA...

user posted image

Hallo cadillac_caddy_sts,

yes, sometime is a blue sign with an recommend speed from 130 km/h.

Now, it´s the speed where you can drive economic.

Also you can drive any speed you want.

And sometime is no sign at the highway (Autobahn) and then you can also drive any speed.

Now, I´m searching the blue sign or make a picture for you...

Thank´s

Frank

Archived