CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Selling your truck? Remove your company signs

How did a plumber's truck from Texas end up in the hands of Islamic fighters on the front lines of Syria?

Mark Oberholtzer, of Texas City, Texas, sold his truck to a dealership three years ago

His truck with the name of his company - Mark-1 Plumbing - is seen in a propaganda photo released online by Islamist group Ansar al-Deen

The truck has been outfitted with an anti-aircraft gun and is fighting on the front lines in Syria

The logo features Oberholtzer's phone number and he says he's now getting death threats

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2876735/How-plumber-s-truck-Texas-ended-hands-Islamic-fighters-lines-Syria.html#ixzz3M7KD4nlr

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would put that on the dealer that bought the car. A dealer will remove all traces of previous owners from a car. The Porshe dealer that sold me my CTS-V threw out the owner's manual, probably because the first owner had written his name and address in it; the dealer that sold me my 1997 ETC told me not to write anything in them because future owners sometimes called up previous owners and tried to get them to pay for repairs and stuff. A dealer that would wholesale or auction a car or pickup with painted logo, name and phone number on it could be liable.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I saw that on the local news last night...

They were interviewing the owner of the plumbing company and the the dealer where he traded the truck had promised him all decals would be removed.

Posted Image

... the dealer where he traded the truck had promised him all decals would be removed.

He lied.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived