CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front brake hose

winterset

I didn't like the tear i found in my front brake line. Nothing was leaking, but it's the outer rubber hose that is damaged. Inside the rubber hose, i can see a reinforced grey hose. I took the entire brake hose off, but the line itself is wrapped around a metal bracket that get's bolted to the car. Right around this metal bracket is where the stress tear happened. Do i unbend this bracket off the old hose, and bend it onto the new hose? This bracket is all new to me.

I didn't like the tear i found in my front brake line. Nothing was leaking, but it's the outer rubber hose that is damaged. Inside the rubber hose, i can see a reinforced grey hose. I took the entire brake hose off, but the line itself is wrapped around a metal bracket that get's bolted to the car. Right around this metal bracket is where the stress tear happened. Do i unbend this bracket off the old hose, and bend it onto the new hose? This bracket is all new to me.

The replacement brake hose will have a bracket attached to it.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I would think Wagner is OK. If the AC Delco is available and not 3 times the price, I'd use that but I think the Wagner would be just fine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

it will come with the bracket. just be careful not to break the bolt off that holds the assembly on.

You will also need a horseshoe clip, unless the hose miraculously comes with one

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Glad to hear you found this flaw in the brake line. Can be very dangerous to have the hose fail on you in an emergency stop situation!

I personally had this happen earlier this year and it scared the crap out of me! :blink: I almost rear ended this old lady who suddenly decided to stop in front of me, think she was lost… My foot went right to the floor and I barely missed her as i swerved to avoid the hit! Fortunately there wasn't anyone coming from opposite direction...

I had to drive home with a lot of downshifting and E-brake use (after my round of golf of course!) :P Left a pretty good size puddle of brake fluid in the parking lot at the course!

My replacement hose came with the horseshoe clip also if I remember correctly...

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived