CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ATS Coupe: A Coupe that's truly a cut above

Bruce Nunnally

A coupe that's truly a cut above

Two model years ago, Cadillac came up with the ATS compact sport sedan, an excellent domestic alternative to the perennial segment deity, the BMW 3 Series.

Fast and athletic, the sedan knew enough about how to dress and what to do at a stoplight and on a winding road to be named North American Car of the Year by a national panel of auto writers.

For 2015, Cadillac has added an even sleeker steed to the ATS stable: a pleasing coupe version.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/classifieds/cars/20141130_A_coupe_that_s_truly_a_cut_above.html#mcXOv6o31A1yPzWx.99

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That's surprising but interesting. I have really enjoyed our 2L Turbo so far. Certainly not the muscle of the V but plenty of go.

Bruce

I did a quick catch-up on reported 2L issues. This family of engines was raced/ developed at the track over the last decade so it is surprising to have engines at the low stress of street driving have issues as reported.

I wonder if it will turn out to be an intercooler charge cooling / pooling issue rather than an engine issue per se.

Bruce

Here is an explanation of prior issue w connecting rods

http://blog.caranddriver.com/maliboom-faulty-connecting-rod-bearing-causing-engine-failures-in-gm-four-cylinders/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+caranddriver%2Fblog+%28Car+and+Driver%29&utm_content=Netvibes

One reader referred to as the problem GM asked dealers to rev engines and see if they failed

GM also examined cars that were still on dealership lots, awaiting shipment at the assembly plant, or in transit, by putting them through a stress test that involves hard acceleration and revving the engine to high rpm. While Pawlik wouldnt reveal how many failures were provoked with that testing, he quantified the total number of engine replacements as one or two per 1000 cars.

Bruce

Archived