CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Days Numbered for Diesel cars?

Nov 28 (Reuters) - France wants to gradually phase out the use of diesel fuel for private passenger transport and will put in place a system to identify the most polluting vehicles, Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Friday.

Next year, the government will launch a car identification system that will rank vehicles by the amount of pollution they emit, Valls said in a speech. This will make it possible for local authorities to limit city access for the dirtiest cars.

"In France, we have long favoured the diesel engine. This was a mistake, and we will progressively undo that, intelligently and pragmatically," Valls said.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/28/france-diesel-idUSL6N0TI42020141128

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw a news article today that Renault is developing a new 730 cc two-cylinder Diesel, both supercharged AND turbocharged, that will cut engine size in half over comparable four-cylinder gas engines, giving even more life to the econobox, the car of choice as a grocery-getter and commuter car in Europe where gas prices are astronomical. News article: CLICK HERE.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived