CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I was at my dealer for service and they had these fliers in with the brochures on the coffee tables:

2014_Cadillac_XTX_vs_DTS.jpg

Note that they compare a 3.6 l DI with a VIN "Y" Northstar, but overall it looks like the cars *are* comparable. I walked over to one in the showroom and the biggest difference I saw inside was that the console thoroughly separated the front seats; no bench seats in the XTS. The headroom and legroom in the back seat looked OK but I didn't get in and try it. Their GQ has tagged me as a possible buyer and I don't want to encourage them. After all, those guys earn their living with their time and I don't want to waste it.

There was an ATS coupe in the showroom. The back seat legroom was miniscule, even smaller than that of my 1997 Eldorado.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The list of "features" the XTS has over the DTS does not interest me. 20" wheels can't provide as smooth of a ride as the 225-60-16 tires.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The list of "features" the XTS has over the DTS does not interest me. 20" wheels can't provide as smooth of a ride as the 225-60-16 tires.

Mine has "Blind Spot Alert" on BOTH sides... it also "Lane Departure Warning"... it even has a "Speed Alert" it knows the speed limits of the road you are on and will notify you if you get 5 mph over the speed limit... It has 7.1 Surround Sound.. Rear Window Sunshades were available until the 2010 Model DTS...

I do not understand the fascination with putting "WAGON WHEELS" on a luxury car... to me, it is just plain STUPID.

I have thought of changing my 18's for 17's to get a softer ride.

Posted Image

Biggest challenge Cadillac gave XTS was not naming it DTS. If you updated everything on the DTS to current tech you get the XTS.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The model they give for the 2011 DTS is "11MY" which is a package designator. I have no idea what that package designator means. I never heard of any Northstar Cadillac that did not have air rear suspension. The "11MY" is probably a fleet car or some such. Doing things like that weakens the argument. Also, I thought that the 2011 DTS had the VIN "9" drivetrain, which is more than comparable to the 3.6 DI.

But, yes, it seems that the XTS is the next incarnation of the DTS. I don't know if the front console separates the passenger seat as profoundly in the DTS as it does in the XTS.

The roofline makes them look very different. But if you get in the XTS, there seems to be plenty of room in the rear seat.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

I think you need to drive one to understand whether or not it must have a V8. The 3.6 DI with six-speed is equivalent in most ways with the VIN "9" Northstar in terms of rated horsepower and driveability.

Does anyone have Car & Driver numbers on the XTS? The VIN "9" Northstar in a 1998 Seville is about 6.8 seconds 0-60 mph and 16.1 seconds in the quarter mile. I don't have numbers on the post-2002 320 hp version.

0-60 on XTS with the naturally aspirated 3.6 is about 6.0 seconds. The XTS is basically a loaded Buick LaCrosse. I must admit my next full size Caddy will probably be a XTS because I like front wheel drive GM cars for their traction and handling. I have driven these v-6,s they have good pep and acceleration but on long steep hills going even 70 miles per hour they will shift back when my Northstar will go on up those with no problem! I have never driven the 3.6 with turbos but I bet they will get the job done!!

Archived