CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power Steering Line Replacement

Well, there are two answers. All but one of the headlight pics were with the original OEM light pipe halo. They come factory with a single white LED. If you remove the HID ballast and remove the access port cap, you can get a torx in there and unscrew the heatsink from the LED. It requires a 1/4" swivel, a couple different length torx bits, a lot of patience, and a few prayers. Then you can install an RGB LED. When you fire the red green and blue simulataniously, you will get get white. I ran those LEDs to a new NightOwl controller.

My updated pic that shows the double halos in the headlight...Those I had to actually disassemble the headlight assemblies. You place each one in a preheated oven at 225 for 20 minutes. Any longer and you'll jack up the headlight assembly. After the 20 minutes, you carefully pry apart the lens from the assembly. It easily comes loose. Then you need to reform any deformaties while the plastic is still warm and plyable. I then unscrewed and removed the RGB LED, heatsink, and OEM light pipe halo. I replaced the halo with an RGB halo ring and secured it with Gorilla 5000lbs 2 part epoxy. I then affixed the inner halos with the same epoxy. Routed the new RGB cables out the back and resealed the opening as well as the lens to the housing. Ran to a new NightOwl controller.

The lower lights are the DRLs. Those were actually a little trickier. They involved carefullt cutting the lens off of the assemblies, siliconing in RGB halo rings, and resealing. Those too were ran to a NightOwl controller. Those controllers also control RGB LED strips on the back of the steel bumper that reflect through the grille areas.

I can configure this light system to do all types of patterns and programs. It's really cool when we take it to the car shows. Other mods are the tail lights have been tinted with Night Shade and cleared over, the mufflers have been deleted, a Cold Air Inductions cold air intake was installed, the front fascia, grille, etc have been switched to GM authentic ZL1 parts, and the ZL1 rockers have been swapped on the sides. The wheels have been replaced and the car is running 275/40/20 up front and 315/35/20 in the rear. All Nitto NT05. The car has had a Viper 5906v system installed with a DSM250 GPS/3G module. Windows all tinted 7% except windshield.

Our near future mods are the hood will be replaced with a VIS terminator hood and the rear is going to be tore down and redone with 2014 ZL1 parts including the one piece RS LED tail lights.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived