CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS (CTS) Turn Signal Won't Flash (Possible Fix)

Last week I ran into a problem with my right turn signal (2005 STS) not working. Before then, the signal would work intermittently, particularly after replacing front brakes. After replacing the bulb and checking the wires, still no turn signal. I Googled to try to find out what could be the problem and found out that the sockets on the '05 can fail due to thermal damage since the running lights were designed to stay one when headlights are off, which increases the duty cycle. The same problem can also occur with the '06. GM issued a bulletin about the sockets being a problem. When trying to figure it out, my last resort was to inspect the harness that is connected to the turn signal assembly. And sure enough, I discovered the problem. The connection was contaminated with dirt. The reason why the turn signal would act up after replacing the breaks is because I rattled the connection. I almost didn't check the connection because it looked to be tight and I figured chances are it's either a short or the socket. But, common sense prevailed (Actually, Thank You!, Lord Jesus), and at the last moment I decided to check it. Glad I did! :)

Archived