CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New 2013 XTS Owner with Cue - Completely disillusioned and upset with Cue

acoalla

I need to vent....

I bought a 2013 XTS Luxury with 8900 miles 5 days ago and spent a great deal of money on this car. After speaking with the Cadillac Cue Infotainment Group I learned that, despite being told by the dealer that it had it, the car does not have SMS/Text messaging capabilities. Since I run my business from the car and my colleagues use SMS/Text to communicate with me, I depend on this seemingly insignificant feature. I am very disappointed to learn that this car doesn't have the SMS/Text feature and regret making this purchase. I used to own a 2006 BMW 530i with this feature. Then I decided to buy American and chose a 2010 Ford Taurus Limited with Sync that also had this feature. This new (to me) 2013 XTS with supposedly advanced technology doest have this simple feature. There were so many other foreign and domestic car choices available to me when I bought this American luxury car, I now feel that I made a $41K mistake. Honestly, I regret making this decision but need to get over it now. Ok...rant over.

Question...

Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade the current Cue system to support SMS/Text reading and/or display, or of an aftermarket SMS display/reading system that can be used via bluetooth? Advice greatly appreciated.

My initial research impression is that the XTS CUE is capable of SMS/Text via bluetooth, but that iphone and android phones don't support this feature; Windows phones do.

The Cadillac CUE Infotainment team are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a weeks and their number is 855-428-3669.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 1 year later...
  • This is a great cautionary tale for anyone buying a vehicle with "must-have" capabilities. ALWAYS verify the vehicle does what you need it to do -- not what the salesperson says it can do. There are some very knowledgeable sales people out there who know the products they sell (as well as the capabilities of the competition) inside and out, but there are plenty who are not well-versed regarding the operation of the newer infotainment systems (like CUE) and will say whatever it takes to make the sale.
  • Caveat Emptor!

CC :)

I agree

• This is a great cautionary tale for anyone buying a vehicle with "must-have" capabilities. ALWAYS verify the vehicle does what you need it to do -- not what the salesperson says it can do. There are some very knowledgeable sales people out there who know the products they sell (as well as the capabilities of the competition) inside and out, but there are plenty who are not well-versed regarding the operation of the newer infotainment systems (like CUE) and will say whatever it takes to make the sale.
  • Caveat Emptor!

CC :)

I agree.

Siri on the iphone is capable of reading text messages out loud (Siri, Read my text messages). If the phone is connected via bluetooth it will read over the speakers I suppose. Doesn't change the missing functionality but might help Aoalla with responding to texts on the go. I have not played with this on my phone so I'll test in the STS-V and report back lol.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived